Amazon reported another surge in revenue for its cloud business last quarter, though the growth is slowing as the division gets bigger.
Intel has stopped selling a smartphone developer kit with its RealSense 3D camera technology, in a setback to its plans in mobile augmented reality.
Google is using third parties to make its productivity apps more useful on Android. The company announced Thursday that it's now possible to bring functionality from apps like Scanbot, DocuSign and ProsperWorks into Docs and Sheets on its mobile oper...
Security researchers have shut down a large-scale malvertising operation that used sophisticated techniques to remain undetected for months and served exploits to millions of computers.
The future versions of Android will be more resilient to exploits thanks to developers' efforts to integrate the latest Linux kernel defenses into the operating system.a
Asana announced a new feature on Thursday that's aimed at cutting down on emails asking when a particular task will be finished.
Oracle's purchase of NetSuite may be the most anticipated acquisition in the history of enterprise software.
Oracle has entered into an agreement to buy NetSuite, which provides cloud-based accounting, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, and other business software packages, for US$9.3 billion.
The smartphone market is showing signs of growth again, but barely, with shipments up nearly 1 percent year-on-year in the second quarter, according to Strategy Analytics.
Microsoft will start enforcing a change in minimum hardware requirement for Windows 10 PCs and mobile devices, and expects hardware makers to comply.
Tim Cook told employees in Cupertino that Apple sold its 1 billionth iPhone last week.
Password manager LastPass can even be fooled. A Google security researcher has found a way to remotely hijack the software.
AI has already been dabbling in the arts for some time, but recently it took a big step further and helped write its first feature-length horror film. Now its co-creators are seeking funding to bring the movie to life.
There's a new iPhone camera application on the block that's supposed to be better at taking pictures than the one Apple ships with its phones...and it's built by Microsoft.
Samsung began shipping its 15TB SSD in March to equipment makers, but the drive recently began showing up on retail sites with a price tag of about $10,000. But you do get an SSD with speeds greater than 1Gbps.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia