A Chinese electronics component manufacturer says its products inadvertently played a role in a massive cyberattack that disrupted major internet sites in the U.S. on Friday.
AT&T said it will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4 billion, reflecting a continuing trend for the consolidation of communications and media companies.
The U.S. has charged a suspected Russian hacker with stealing information from LinkedIn, Dropbox and a question-and-answer site formerly known as Formspring.
Malware that can build botnets out of IoT devices is at least partly responsible for a massive distributed denial-of-service attack that disrupted U.S. internet traffic on Friday, according to network security companies.
Corda, a distributed ledger platform developed by a finance industry consortium, will go open source next month when its developers donate the code to the Linux Foundation's Hyperledger Project.
The maintainers of Linux distributions are rushing to patch a privilege escalation vulnerability that's already being exploited in the wild and poses a serious risk to Linux based servers, desktops and other devices.
Intel does not object to John McAfee using his personal name in connection with his business, but it objects to the use by the entrepreneur and security expert of the McAfee trade name and trademark in a way that could confuse or deceive consumers or...
Marketing companies are targeting children worldwide on YouTube with advertising disguised as other content, an "unfair and deceptive" business practice, three privacy groups said in a complaint to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
The former National Security Agency contractor suspected of stealing U.S. hacking tools allegedly was found hoarding two decades' worth of classified materials.
Microsoft's ongoing move to the cloud paid off once again over the past quarter, as strong growth from Azure and Office 365 offset declines in the PC market.
Microsoft Japan and Shiseido have teamed up with an app that overlays virtual makeup on your Skype for Business calls.
Samsung today announced a new 8GB DRAM package with 10-nanometer-class process circuitry that has twice the capacity and twice the speed of DDR4 DRAM used in PCs.
All seemed well as the European Space Agency's robotic explorer Schiaparelli closed in on its Mars landing Wednesday. Then it went silent.
Among Gartner's 10 predictions for the near term are a fast move to augmented reality, the decline of mobile apps, and a major shift away from web browsing to voice interaction.
Keep continues to grow into a more comprehensive service for keeping track of all those random thoughts and ideas.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC