Using a combination of mixed reality displays and 3D cameras, users of Microsoft's "Holoportation" technology can interact with remote participants as if they were in the same physical space.
The Russian government claims to have foiled a “large-scale” cyber attack from foreign intelligence services meant to destabilize the country’s financial system.
There's a lot of excitement about Intel's superfast Optane SSDs, but products won't be on shelves this year as the chipmaker had earlier promised.
A problem with iPhone 6s products randomly shutting down comes from a battery flaw found in a small number of models, according to Apple.
Two researchers claim to have found a way to bypass the activation lock feature in iOS that's supposed to prevent anyone from using an iPhone or iPad marked as lost by its owner.
Poor implementation of encryption in a popular Android remote management application exposes millions of users to data theft and remote code execution attacks.
Add credit card fraud to the list of things that distributed processing can speed up.
The current debate over fake online news has one country feeling vindicated: China. For years, its controversial censorship system has been cracking down on so-called "online rumors," and last week a state-controlled newspaper essentially told the U....
Twitter has swallowed social app developer Yes and is also getting a new product head as part of the deal.
As part of Oracle, cloud software provider NetSuite plans to localize its products for many more countries while expanding its data-center capacity, sales operations, partner channel and other assets to reach customers in those new areas.
Don’t expect to see a third generation of the Moto 360 anytime soon.
You accidentally sent a text to a landline. What does the recipient hear?
Apple said it took "courage" to remove the audio jack port from the iPhone 7 and replace it with wireless audio. Microsoft hasn't yet mustered the courage to cut the aging port.
Law enforcement agencies have dismantled a major cybercriminal network responsible for malware-based attacks that have been harassing victims across the globe for years.
Users have praised the performance of Apple's A10 Fusion chip in the iPhone 7, but its underlying graphics architecture may not be so new after all.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistACT
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCRed Hat Linux SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW