The U.S. National Security Agency will no longer sift through emails, texts and other internet communications from U.S. citizens that mention foreign targets under surveillance.
A new malware program that targets macOS users is capable of spying on encrypted browser traffic and stealing sensitive information.
Microsoft has made the delayed My People experience part of its recent Windows 10 Insider build, putting your best friends as close as your taskbar.
Amazon's offering this factory overclocked GeForce GTX 1050 Ti budget card for just $116 right now.
A Google effort to push websites to implement encryption is expanding. Starting in October, the company will flag even more HTTP connections as insecure in its Chrome browser.
Plus: The unveiling of Night Trap's 25th Anniversary Edition, someone speedruns Dark Souls 3 in an hour and a half, and Planet Coaster shows off its "make everybody vomit" cheat code. This is gaming news for April 24 to 28.
The legal fight between Apple and Qualcomm on licensing modem technology is turning uglier every day.
Hundreds of thousands of internet gateway devices from around the world, primarily cable modems, are vulnerable to hacking because of a serious weakness in their implementation of the Simple Network Management Protocol.
The Radeon 17.4.4 drivers for AMD graphics cards installed a shortcut to the Quake Champions website on user desktops, without warning or the ability to opt out.
Drivers in France might be able to blame terrorists for their next speeding ticket, as police there crack down on mobile apps warning of their presence.
If you're a network engineer, don't rush out and learn a programming language. To compete in the new world of software-defined networking, it might be more important to start thinking like a programmer. That was one of the ideas that emerged this wee...
Microsoft's device businesses took a hit this quarter, as Microsoft admitted during an earnings call that Surface sales were lower than expected and sales of its branded Windows phones would essentially end by June.
Intel is forecasting a "slight decline" in its premium chip prices for the remainder of the year, and AMD's Ryzen chips could have played a part in that.
Google is still an advertising company, but the tech titan’s cloud business is growing faster than its advertising revenue. That’s one of the key take-aways from the company’s first quarter earnings report released Thursday.
To prove it's going big in PCs, Acer held a product launch event at world's largest IMAX screen in New York. It made a big statement with the Predator Triton 700, a super-thin laptop with some unusual features.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC