Businesses that want to get their files out of on-premises data centers and into the cloud have a new option with Box Shuttle.
Facebook can resume tracking Belgians online even if they don't have an account with the social network, an appeals court ruled Wednesday.
A database described by some as a “terrorism blacklist” has fallen into the hands of a white-hat hacker who may decide to leak it online.
The digital transformation imperative is becoming increasingly urgent for companies large and small, and SAP wants to help. On Wednesday, the ERP giant set its sights squarely on SMBs with an updated app that's been enriched with analytics and other ...
Mobile ransomware is on the rise, with the infection rate skyrocketing, according to new research.
As the Wi-Fi Alliance starts certifying the latest gigabit-speed products to work together, users may not get as excited as they did for some earlier standards. But the new technology adds a few features with real advantages, at least for some users.
The infrastructure used by an Iranian cyberespionage group to control infected computers has been hijacked by security researchers.
Following an extended preview period, Amazon's Elastic File System is now generally available in three geographical regions, with more on the way.
The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit challenging a 30-year-old hacking crimes law, with the civil liberties group saying the law inhibits research about online discrimination.
A key specification for exchanging sensor data between vehicles has found a new home, in a move that may help future drivers avoid dangers before they see them.
A Google security researcher has found high severity vulnerabilities in enterprise and consumer products from antivirus vendor Symantec that could be easily be exploited by hackers to take control of computers.
Oracle launched a new family of servers and a new Sparc chip on Wednesday, both aimed at customers considering x86 servers for a scale-out cloud infrastructure.
Microsoft officially confirmed Wednesday morning that its latest major refresh of Windows 10 will be released publicly in a little over a month on August 2.
A new tool introduced by Google lets users personalize across devices what ads they see on the company's and third-party sites, which may also be a bounty for advertisers who could get some more accurate targeting.
Samsung may dominate worldwide smartphone sales, but Huawei is doing a far better job of keeping its smartphones secure by one measure.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia