PC makers HP, Lenovo and Dell have stopped selling PCs with home editions of Windows 7. However, they are still selling PCs with Windows 7 Professional that can be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for free.
SwiftKey, a popular keyboard app, has suspended a syncing feature that may have leaked users’ emails to strangers.
A new and potent Android Trojan has been leaked on several underground forums, making it available for free to less resourceful cybercriminals who are now likely to use it in attacks.
Trade groups representing many U.S. ISPs have filed an appeal challenging a court ruling that upheld the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
An industry focus is one of the key factors IBM is betting will set it apart from cloud competitors including Google, Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
An increase in games revenue helped Sony counter to an extent shrinking business in smartphones and the impact of earthquakes in Japan's Kumamoto region on production of the camera sensors that the company supplies to Apple and other smartphone vendo...
Former National Security Agency contractor, Edward Snowden, has censured WikiLeaks’ release of information without proper curation.
The FBI is said to be investigating yet another suspected hack of a Democratic Party organization, this time of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee that raises funds for Democrats running for the House of Representatives.
A snapshot provided by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission of National Broadband Network services reveals that Telstra continues to dominate the NBN market.
Satya Nadella isn't stopping the job cuts train at Microsoft any time soon. The company revealed Thursday that 2,850 people will lose their jobs by the middle of 2017, on top of the 1,850 cuts that Microsoft announced earlier this year.
Donald Trump’s muddled stance on hacking has disturbed security experts at time when the tech industry is looking for clarity on the U.S.'s cyber policy.
If you're trying to sneak in under the gun and upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 before the free upgrade offer expires, we can walk you through the process.
Google's recent partnership with Fiat Chrysler to build the company's self-driving car technology into a Chrysler mini van will be the first of many partnerships with auto makers.
Amazon reported another surge in revenue for its cloud business last quarter, though the growth is slowing as the division gets bigger.
Intel has stopped selling a smartphone developer kit with its RealSense 3D camera technology, in a setback to its plans in mobile augmented reality.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW