A computer worm that China warned Internet users against is an updated version of the Panda Burning Incense virus, which infected millions of PCs in the country three years ago, according to McAfee.
Lenovo will buy back the mobile phone unit that it spun off last year, reversing a move it originally made to focus on its core business in PCs, the company said late Friday.
The organizers of the Hack In The Box security conferences in Malaysia are planning their first European show for Amsterdam next July.
Research has shown that almost 50,000 editors left online encyclopedia Wikipedia in the first quarter of this year: 10 times the number who deserted the site in the same period of 2008.
Microsoft has done more to popularize graphical programming than any other vendor. The company's development tools, led by Visual Basic and Visual Studio, have been used by millions of software developers over the past two decades.
A security firm has expressed incredulity at the news that the Australian prank hacker who wrote a program targeting Apple iPhone users has been given a job by an application developer.
Mininova, one of the largest peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing sites next to The Pirate Bay, has now removed most of its links to copyrighted content. The site complied with a Dutch court ruling from August. Mininova has said it is considering appealin...
PC Tools' Malware Research Center is warning web users of another online scam that hopes to piggyback on hype surrounding the new Twilight New Moon film.
Well, apparently there's no escaping Facebook.
With Bayonetta and Dark Void shining in January, and BioShock 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction shooting up February, the first quarter of 2010 is fast filling up with top-tier action titles. Square-Enix knows this, and has smartly slated Just Cause 2 ...
Sometimes I wonder if Famitsu gets angry about their pages getting scanned every week. The magazine doesn't really have to worry about US sales like magazines like GamePro and Game Informer do, so it's entirely possible that they treat leaked images ...
India plans to set up a centralized system to monitor communications on mobile phones, landlines and the Internet in the country, a minister told the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of Parliament, on Thursday.
Micro-blogging site Twitter is having a positive effect on the number of consumers using their mobile phone to access the web, says Novarra.
If your existing display just isn't cutting it any more, then it might be time to step up to Ostendo's 43-inch curved monitor. This long-awaited display is now available to buy for just under US$6,500.
Developers of the open-source Metasploit penetration testing toolkit have released code that can compromise Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser, but the software is not as reliable as first thought.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC