For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
Businesses in North America and Europe remain broadly worried about the security of open-source software, according to new data from Forrester Research.
Plans to introduce new top-level Internet domains will not force trademark owners to make defensive registrations to protect their brands, according to two reports published by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) on Saturd...
It didn't take very long - less than a week - for Microsoft Corp.'s Bing to surpass Yahoo Inc. to become the number two search engine in the U.S. and worldwide.
U.S. online advertising spending, which has been key in financing the Web 2.0 wave of Internet innovation, shrunk in the first quarter, the first year-on-year quarterly drop since 2002.
E-book readers may have been overshadowed by netbooks, smartbooks and laptops at Computex Taipei 2009, but products on display portend big things to come.
Data warehousing vendor Greenplum on Monday rolled out its "Enterprise Data Cloud" initiative, a long-term product and methodology strategy meant to further the idea of "self-service" data warehousing.
Intel's venture capital arm is investing US$43 million in a Tokyo-based WiMax operator that plans to launch the world's fastest WiMax service in July.
Nvidia's problem with weak packaging material that caused some of its laptop graphics chips to fail prematurely hasn't hurt the company's relationships with laptop makers that use its chips, a company executive said.
China will require that Web filtering software be included with all computers sold in the country, another step up in its efforts to control pornography and other content on the Internet.
The Pirate Party, a party campaigning for online civil rights, has won at least one seat in the European Parliament, after obtaining 7.1 percent of the votes in elections in Sweden.
The Computex Taipei 2009 electronics show ended Saturday after a week-long display of new gadgets, including netbooks, ultra thin laptops made with new Intel chips and several surprises surrounding Google's Android mobile phone operating system.
Asustek kicked off an entirely new category in the mobile computing space when it presented a prototype of its Eee PC at Taiwan's Computex trade show two years ago. Since then, many users have embraced netbook PCs for their small size, light weight a...
Apple delivered a variety of hardware and software news today at the opening keynote for its Worldwide Developers Conference, but the company took its time building up to the big news: The new iPhone 3GS will be available in stores on June 19, and th...
Intel is getting ready to release two processors, an Atom chip called Pineview and a new desktop processor called Clarkdale, that include integrated graphics, a capability that spells the beginning of the end for third-party chipsets with integrated ...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Judge dimisses second conviction of ex-Goldman Sachs coder
- Samsung profit squeezed by Galaxy S6 shortage
- Reddit CEO Ellen Pao tries to calm furor with huge 'mea culpa'
- Winners of our ESET Antivirus competition announced
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW