Gartner has ranked virtualization as the No. 1 strategic technology for next year, not for its "tremendously obvious" ability to virtualize servers, but for its increasing capability to virtualize just about everything else in a data center.
Intel today launched a high-performance Solid-State Drive [SSD] aimed at server, workstation and storage systems.
Anti-spam vendors have blocked some e-mail from the campaign of Democratic Presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) because customers have complained about receiving irrelevant messages, an executive at MX Logic said Thursday.
Forrester Research warned technology vendor clients that IT spending could be set for a "long and deep recession."
Advanced Micro Devices reported a quarterly loss again for its third quarter but managed to increase revenue 14 percent on sales of its microprocessors and graphics chips, the company said Thursday.
Microsoft said Thursday it is not pursuing an acquisition of Yahoo, despite public comments by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Thursday suggesting a deal between the two companies might still be on the table.
Apple accounted for nearly 10 percent of all US computer sales last quarter, but the lack of a model in the growing netbook category could mean trouble ahead, a research analyst said Wednesday.
The music industry is going through a lot of changes as it tries to grapple with the move to digital, but these days it is much more upbeat about the future.
Mozilla plans to release on Thursday an alpha version of its mobile browser today for Nokia's Internet tablets.
A startup called Linxter is set to launch a hosted messaging platform that will enable any Internet-addressable device, application or system to communicate with another.
Google increased its revenue and profit in the third quarter, as its top executives said the results were good while pledging to manage the business with a long-term outlook despite global economic challenges.
Microsoft is considering giving its Windows client OS the capability to be turned on very rapidly by allowing users only limited access to the OS, a concept it's calling "Instant On," according to a survey Microsoft conducted.
An uproar erupted when iPhone users discovered a so-called remote kill switch on their phones -- will it spur the same reaction in users of the G1, the first Android phone?
Hackers have released code that could be used to take control of a server running Microsoft's Host Integration Server 2006, used to connect mainframe applications to Windows PCs.
Apple customers unhappy that the company dropped FireWire from its newest notebooks are venting their frustrations on the company's support forum in several hundred messages.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- With chip fabs gone, IBM's hardware future will be in high-end design
- Ask Watson or Siri: Artificial intelligence is as elusive as ever
- IBM's Rometty defends bumpy financial ride as company shifts strategy
- Researcher creates proof-of-concept worm for network-attached storage devices
- IBM earnings slump as company shifts to cloud, mobile and analytics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW