Oracle's first-quarter net income rose by 4 percent year-over-year to $US1.1 billion, but revenue fell by 5 percent to $US5.1 billion, the company said Wednesday. Earnings per share were $US0.22.
Sygic has launched the first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android-based smartphones, Mobile Maps 2009.
Google plans to accelerate its massive efforts to scan tens of millions of books and periodicals with the acquisition on Wednesday of a company called reCAPTCHA.
Developers can now start working with the software development kit (SDK) for version 1.6 of Google's mobile operating system Android, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Pillar Data Systems Inc. said this week that it's replacing Intel's X25-E solid state disk (SSD) drive as an option for its storage arrays with a drive from STEC Inc. because of firmware problems with the Intel's drive that lead to performance slowdo...
Microsoft's Bing had a really strong August as the company takes another step in its effort to boost its place in the search engine business.
VMware has completed its acquisition of enterprise Java vendor SpringSource, a $US362 million deal designed to help customers build, run and manage applications to be run on cloud-based platforms.
Microsoft warned customers yesterday that it will retire Windows Server 2000 from support next summer, and at the same time shift the newer Windows Server 2003 to limited support.
With many who bank online now wary of phishing attacks, criminals are adding fake live-chat support windows to their Web sites to make them seem more real.
Mozilla has switched to a quick-paced "sprint" cycle for Firefox that it hopes will bring new features to users faster, the company's browser architect said today.
Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft admitted it was gouging consumers by charging $130 for an otherwise unremarkable wireless 802.11g USB adapter? What'd be even nicer: Besides an integrated version in its freshly price-adjusted Xbox 360 Elite, how abou...
The Australian Government wants Telstra to structurally separate and if the telco giant won't do so voluntarily the Rudd administration will use regulation to achieve the goal.
When Voodoo PC came under HP's umbrella a few years back, we began to see all sorts of interesting collaborations: The <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/30453/review/blackbird_002_lci.html">Blackbird</a> desktop and the <a href="http://...
Australian consumers have bucked the global trend towards economic downturn, buying more gadgets and digital products in the first half of 2009 than the corresponding period in any previous year.
Sony Australia has just unveiled its latest VAIO notebook at the company's 'Secret Garden' media event at Sun Studios, Sydney. A large range of games, gadgets and home entertainment devices were showcased at the event, but the mysterious 'VAIO X' not...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW