There's been an explosion in growth of Wi-Fi hotspots during the last several years. Best-guess estimates range from 33,000 WLAN hotspots worldwide to more than 250,000 at present.
Hewlett-Packard's revenue and profit grew in its fiscal third quarter, largely on the strength of sales outside the Americas, with laptop and blade-server sales among the high points.
Intel Tuesday outlined the roadmap for its upcoming line of solid-state drives that will use flash-based solid-state memory to store data - and replace hard drives in some computers.
Virtualization competitors VMware and Microsoft have found common ground in a deal that will let customers receive technical support for Microsoft applications running on servers virtualized with VMware's hypervisor.
Intel Chairman Craig Barrett kicked off the highly anticipated Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco Tuesday without focusing on computer chips, new architectures or manufacturing processes.
Network performance-management vendor Fluke Networks this week expanded its product portfolio when it acquired for an undisclosed sum the intellectual property of VoIP management player Viola Networks.
Network Instruments has developed what it claims is the largest network data recorder available. The GigaStor SAS has a capacity of up to 288 terabytes, and was originally developed for a U.S. military customer which needed to store a month's worth o...
A study this week has revealed just how slow is the rate of adoption for IPv6, the next version of the Internet's main communications protocol, and some experts say black markets where companies trade unused IP addresses may be only a few years away.
Microsoft's head of engineering for the Windows 7 operating system says there are 25 'feature teams' of about 100 employees each working on the upcoming replacement to Windows Vista.
Toshiba, which lost out to Sony in the battle for the next-generation DVD format, has announced a new technology that could help extend the life of current DVD libraries.
Apple is blaming a problem with overheating iPods in Japan on faulty batteries, the company said in a statement Tuesday.
FiveRuns and Morph Labs on Tuesday announced they are partnering to provide free application performance testing for Ruby on Rails applications, with the goal of bolstering applications running in the cloud.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will eliminate a licensing restriction that prevented customers from moving virtualized applications to a different server more than once every 90 days.
Massachusetts startup uTest is launching an on-demand service that weds application testing to social networking through a community of more than 8,000 professional testers in roughly 130 countries.
TippingPoint is beta-testing a Web portal that lets customers view Internet-threat intelligence the company has gathered from around the globe, as well as polls of how other customers are dealing with those threats.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- The cheapest way to buy an iPad from Apple
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
- Optus starts selling BlackBerry's squared Passport
- Dropbox used for convincing phishing attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW