Linux vendors Red Hat and Novell's SUSE division Wednesday unveiled updates for their enterprise Linux operating systems, adding new capabilities and hardware support in between the next major releases of their products.
The Radio Frequency Identification business should see double-digit growth over the next several years, leading to a US$9.7 billion market by 2013, according to an analyst firm.
With the business of Internet banking changing and online threats growing, the industry needs to adapt and integrate security technology across more channels and be more collaborative to reduce fraud, according to one electronic payments specialist. ...
In its "Scan Report on Open Source Software 2008," Coverity analyzed more than 55 million lines of code on a recurring basis from more than 250 open source projects. Detailed Tuesday, the project utilized the Coverity Prevent static source code analy...
The Optus-led group of nine (G9) Consortium has today rebranded itself as Terria.
Telstra has launched a $0 laptop Next G promotion for Telstra business customers. It will be available in conjunction with Harvey Norman, Techhead Interactive and ICT Distribution.
Australians are spending more time accessing media on the Internet than they are watching television or movies, according to a study of more than 850 broadband users.
Newly crowed CEO of the Terria consortium Michael Egan has taken a swipe at Telstra's National Broadband Network (NBN) plans, criticising the company for its refusal to permit structural separation.
Napster has launched an online music store that offers more than six million tracks, all without digital rights management (DRM).
Games consoles contain toxic chemicals that would not be allowed in young childrens' toys, even though the technology to eliminate them is available, according to a study by environmental lobby group Greenpeace. However, manufacturers are starting to...
Symbian, which has made most of its money providing software for high-end, feature-rich phones, has got the mass market in its sights. Upcoming handsets from Nokia are proof that it's moving in the right direction, according to Ben Wood, analyst at C...
The UK government could track all emails and phone calls made in the UK, if its plans for a vast centralized database go ahead.
Cisco this week denied allegations that it aided the Chinese government in its effort to censor the Internet.
SonicWall is introducing a multifunction security gateway it says delivers 50Mbps throughput when all its security applications are switched on.
If ISPs are not trying to be part of the Internet security solution then they are part of the problem and customers should vote with their feet, according to a security officer of a European communications and hosting company.
Latest News Articles
- Google, Dropbox band together to fight patent trolls
- IBM rethinking decades-old computer design with $US3 billion investment
- Microsoft settles with No-IP in botnet hunt, after seizing its domains
- Microsoft debuts Cloud storage service for enterprises
- Windows upgrades, Chromebooks slow PC market bleeding in Q2
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 on sale 11 July in Australia
- 5 Major updates coming to Google’s Chromecast
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $899 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW