Swedish operator Ericsson saw declining profits for its fourth quarter and will lay off 5,000 employees in a continuing effort to cut costs, the company said Wednesday.
The US Supreme Court has refused to resurrect a law requiring Web sites containing "material harmful to minors" to restrict access based on age, presumably ending a 10-year fight over whether the law violated free speech rights.
Seagate will issue fixes soon for faulty firmware that is causing several models of the company's hard drives to freeze, it said Wednesday.
Independent gaming software distributor, Red Ant, has gone into receivership after running into financial difficulty.
Yahoo has taken new steps to sharpen its Webmail service's antispam capabilities, including the adoption of two commercial technologies and the testing of an open-source system, the company said Tuesday.
Storage companies are feeling the pain of companies cutting IT costs and overall spending, but the move to server virtualization is driving some demand, according to NetApp CEO Dan Warmenhoven.
In November 2006, Sun Microsystems began making all of its Java technology implementations open source, offering them under the GPL. More than two years later, reactions are mixed as to what exactly has been the impact of this momentous change.
Microsoft has delayed Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) by at least a month, and will now ship it to manufacturing sometime in May or June, according to a Web site that has accurately predicted Windows release dates in the past.
Live coverage of U.S. President Barack Obama's inauguration on myriad of television stations and Web sites Tuesday wasn't enough for Twitter users. They had at least four channels of live commentary running throughout the day.
Microsoft's advice on disabling Windows' "Autorun" feature is flawed, the US Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) said Wednesday, and leaves users who rely on its guidelines to protect their PCs against the fast-spreading Downadup worm open to...
Microsoft for the first time is contributing code to an Apache open-source project, continuing the company's softening of its attitude toward open-source software and the community that supports it.
Apple has released a new version of its QuickTime media player adding critical security fixes as well as some new tweaks to improve the software's ease-of-use and compatibility with different file formats.
The swearing in of US President Barack Obama and the other presidential inauguration activities generated massive Web traffic Tuesday, leading to site slowdowns but not to a general meltdown of the Internet.
IBM on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter fiscal 2008 earnings of US$3.28 per share, a 17 percent increase year-over-year, but said total revenue for the quarter dropped 6 percent to $27 billion.
In 2000, IT services firm Wipro Technologies gave senior IT staffers at The World Bank Group a chance to buy stock in parent company Wipro Ltd. under a family-and-friends program, as part of an IPO in the U.S. Bank employees bought about 1,750 share...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, March 31
- LG may introduce leather-covered flagship smartphone at April 28 event
- Apple's iPhone trade-in program in China could boost sales
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW