Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 rated tops among five browsers tested by NSS Labs for effectiveness in protecting against malware and phishing attacks--though NSS Labs acknowledges Microsoft paid for the tests.
In a new study conducted by Pear Analytics of San Antonio Texas, approximately 40% of posts on Twitter can be described as "pointless babble." According to SFGate's "The Tech Chronicles," the study sampled the Twitter stream every 30 minutes from 11 ...
Microsoft's decision to make Internet Explorer 8 the default browser on computers where the user elected an express installation raises questions about the software giant's compliance with a 6-year-old antitrust settlement, a lawyer for some of the p...
Noise Industries has announced that its FxFactory plug-ins for Apple's Final Cut Pro and Motion are now compatible with the recently released Final Cut Studio 3. The update to FxFactory also makes others plug-ins that uses the FxFactory architecture ...
Nvidia Inc., the PC graphics chipmaker that is trying to break into the portable computing electronics market, needs the upcoming Zune HD media player to be successful as much as the player's maker, Microsoft Corp.
The governor of Illinois signed into law yesterday a bill that banishes sex offenders from social networking sites. The law, designed to protect children from predators who use sites such as Facebook and MySpace to lure potential victims, is the firs...
Perhaps you've heard that Microsoft and Nokia announced a strategic partnership to develop Microsoft application tools and support for the Nokia Symbian-based mobile devices. Some analysts see this as some sort of admission by Microsoft that Windows ...
Ires Technology, a Canadian-based vendor of video solutions for the consumer electronics and surveillance markets, is introducing a new way to record video and audio, hands-free.
After a rollercoaster ride love/hate relationship between Microsoft and Yahoo over the past year, and various rumors and potential overtures between Yahoo and Google, the arrangement between Yahoo and Microsoft's Bing search engine is a nail in the c...
The Palm Pre has made headlines this week after a mobile developer discovered that his Pre was gathering information and 'phoning home' to report details regarding his location, the applications he used, and more.
Researchers are working on integrating nanotechnology with biological materials to create more powerful computers, medical tools and even prosthetics.
Researchers gathered at the Space Elevator Conference on Thursday said that an elevator could make transportation to space so much more inexpensive than it is now, that companies could build large solar-power farms in space to provide energy for peop...
Breaking news! A study out this week shows that a large chunk of Twitter posts are, well, useless.
When a light-weight box arrived on my desk recently from Toshiba Corp., I immediately figured I had a new solid-state disk (SSD) drive to review. In fact, it was an SSD -- a whopping 500GB drive wrapped in a laptop that tipped the scales at a mere 2....
Two new Samsung point-and-shoot cameras will have a secondary LCD built into the front of the body, an innovative feature intended to simplify self-portraits, help parents snap pics of smiling babies, and make self-timer shots more effective.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW