Palm is hoping to get back on track with its new Pre touch phone, which comes equipped with the equally new operating system webOS, both announced on Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show.
We're all used to hitting the power button to switch on our television but could a wave do it in the future? Both Hitachi and Toshiba are demonstrating motion sensing televisions at this week's Consumer Electronics Show and say they could be on the m...
The first prototypes from Toshiba based on TransferJet, a short-range, high-speed wireless data transmission system intended as a replacement for cables, are on show at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to sell a laptop in its X-Slim series with a high powered Pentium chip to better compete against Apple's ultra-thin MacBook Air.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to start selling its U115 hybrid netbook in the U.S. for less than US$700 starting in February, company representatives said Sunday.
Taiwanese PC vendor Shuttle plans to debut a shoebox sized PC, the K5600+ with Via Technology's Nano microprocessor in March, a company representative said Sunday.
There's something futuristic about wireless power that has grabbed people's attention at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, and 2009 could be a big year for the technology judging from what's on show here.
Amazon has released a new Web-based management console for the company's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) platform, which provides scalable application and service delivery, according to an official blog post Thursday.
Acer, the world's third largest PC vendor, said its revenue will drop in the fourth quarter, after previously forecasting a strong holiday season.
Lost in the Windows 7 hype, Microsoft also released the beta of Windows Server 2008 R2, which is the companion to the client OS.
Twenty-two major software and security companies are being sued for alleged patent infringement by a little-known entity now controlling the two patents in question.
Two video connectors can be found on nearly every PC, monitor or graphics card in use today. Developed 21 years ago by IBM, the analog VGA (Video Graphics Array) clings on, despite the rise of the (DVI) Digital Visual Interface, which is tailored for...
The SD Association unveiled a new SD card specification last week at the 2009 International CES that it said can support data storage capacities of up to 2TB with read/write speeds to 104MB/sec. The specification, called SDXC (eXtended Capacity), use...
Nortel last week said it landed PC maker Lenovo as a customer for its virtual world business application.
Oracle will issue 41 security patches this week addressing vulnerabilities across "hundreds" of its products, the company said in a pre-release announcement.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ARM fades from Windows PCs and tablets, but grows in Chromebooks
- Chef serves up devops for the enterprise
- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
- Oracle bolsters Marketing Cloud to show CMOs the big picture
- Obama authorizes sanctions against hackers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW