As the Mars Lander continues to scoop up soil for analysis, it has taken its very first microscopic image of a single piece of Martian dust.
Advanced Micro Devices is putting some focus back on the business desktop market with the launch this week of four new processors.
When Gmail crashed last Monday, affecting many organizations that depend on it for work e-mail via the Google Apps suite, widespread gnashing of teeth ensued.
Advanced Micro Devices plans to deliver a new server platform in the first half of 2009, the company announced on Friday, with the platform revolving around a new chipset.
Gmail users, including those who use it for work as part of the Google Apps hosted suite, experienced problems accessing the service last week.
Hackers targeting Georgia in the midst of its conflict with Russia have started sending out a new batch of malicious spam messages, apparently with the aim of building a new botnet network of remote-controlled computers.
While Sen. John McCain's campaign has long been a less than enthusiastic supporter of Web 2.0 technologies than rival Sen. Barack Obama's, it has significantly boosted its efforts to make better use of the technology over the past few weeks.
With the eyes of the world turned to Beijing, human rights protesters and even bloggers detained by the Chinese government regime have been using various Web 2.0 tools to evade the country's notorious censors and shed some shed light on the darker si...
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) have given the green light to publish the Microsoft-backed Office Open XML (OOXML) specification after organization leaders rejected appeals ...
Twitter has removed text message support for its U.K. users, blaming costs as the reason behind the decision.
Samsung Electronics has released three environmentally friendly handsets, using "green" materials for their exteriors and recycled ones inside.
Fujitsu Siemens plans to launch a mini laptop computer at the upcoming IFA trade show in Berlin, it said this week.
A federal court in Connecticut has ordered a certification test help-site to stop publishing Microsoft-related materials after the software maker sued the company, claiming that it was selling actual certification exam questions.
IBM has quietly released the first technology from its acquisition of XIV, the Israeli grid storage start-up headed by a former EMC guru, but the product appears to lack some high-end features and is targeted at only a very limited set of customers.
Victorian police have raided the Doveton home of a 65 year old man, seizing over 12,000 pirated DVDs.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- North Korea reportedly blocks Facebook and Twitter
- FCC eyes new rules to protect consumers as voice networks transition to IP
- Startup Slack gets $120M infusion to kill email at work
- Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW