A company that develops workload management tools for high-performance clusters is bringing its products to the commercial data center, where it says it can help companies allocate computing resources more efficiently.
Today's hot Apple rumor suggests an iPhone 3GS 8GB may be on the way. The Boy Genius Report has screen grabs that purportedly show one or more documents from Canadian wireless provider Rogers. In what appears to be an internal memo, Rogers says it's ...
Just when you thought the iPhone App Store approval process couldn't possibly become more of a debacle, it did. John Gruber of Daring Fireball details the story of Ninjawords, an iPhone dictionary that Apple censored.
Google has reached an agreement to buy video compression technology vendor On2 Technologies in a stock deal worth about US$106.5 million, the companies announced.
The economic downturn continues to weigh on online ad spending. The worldwide market dropped by 5 percent during the second quarter compared to the same time period last year, according to market research company IDC.
Microsoft's Windows Division president Steven Sinofsky tried Wednesday to tamp down a growing roar that Windows 7 RTM has a critical flaw that can shut down the OS by running a simple command.
TechRadium, a provider of mass notification and emergency alert systems to school districts, municipal governments, the U.S. military and other organizations, has filed a lawsuit charging Twitter with patent infringement.
The campaign to kill Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) gathered steam this week when a California site builder led nearly 40 Web start-ups to urge their users to ditch Microsoft's eight-year-old browser.
Details of an upcoming Core i5 processor from Intel have surfaced on a retailer's Web site.
Washington State breaks ground this month on a new data center and office complex that two state lawmakers have called a "mistake." A better approach, they argue, might include turning over some of the state's computing resources to commercial cloud ...
Microsoft will add a file format "ballot" to Office 2010, part of a wider move to fend off European Union (EU) antitrust regulators and block massive fines.
Australian budget airline Jetstar today announced a trial allowing passengers to receive boarding passes via SMS. The Qantas-owned airline says the technology, developed by Melbourne-based IT company Sissit Group, is a world first. The company intend...
The U.S. has sentenced three Chinese men to federal prison for attempting to export technology with potential military applications to China, the U.S. Department of Justice said Tuesday.
Microsoft will pay Yahoo US$50 million a year for three years and will hire at least 400 Yahoo employees as part of the companies' recent search agreement, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Windows 7 may loom, but Nvidia Inc. is bucking the trend, releasing a second member of its ION graphics platform targeted at netbook and net-top PCs running Windows XP.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA