Microsoft Tuesday released the final beta of Windows 7 XP Mode, adding new USB and drive sharing support options along with a user tutorial for the operating system add-on aimed at the small and midsize business market.
The European Commission plans to release its first opinion on Oracle's proposed acquisition of Sun Microsystems on Sept. 3.
Google is offering its free Voice call management service to members of the U.S. military beginning Tuesday, the company said in a blog post.
Verizon is engaging in a broad-based summer smartphone sale as the company has slashed the prices of many of its smartphones by $100.
Yahoo's decision to use Microsoft's Bing search engine could cause a "strange bedfellows" competitive conflict between Microsoft and IBM in the enterprise search market.
Microsoft may have denied that it's gouging European customers with its Windows 7 pricing, but an analysis by Computerworld shows that EU buyers will be paying as much as 163% more for some of the company's in-place Anytime Upgrades.
Nvidia Inc.'s charge that sales of its Ion graphics platform are being unfairly hampered by Intel Corp.'s bundling and predatory pricing tactics have so far gained the graphics vendor some public sympathy, but little more.
Mobile phone outfit INQ Mobile has launched two low-cost smartphones that feature tight integration with social-networking site Twitter, it said on Tuesday.
Sparked by the jaw-dropping success of Apple's iTunes store, an array of enterprise software vendors are getting into the "app store" act.
The Palm Pre is going for less than a hundred bucks again, and this time you only have to rush over to your closest Web browser to get it. The online cellular retailer LetsTalk.com is offering the Palm Pre for $99.99, after a combination of mail-in a...
Microsoft Tuesday released software that uses virtualization to allow people to run applications in Windows 7 as if they are running in XP, making it easier for applications written for older versions of the OS to run on Windows 7.
Microsoft for the first time has named Linux distributors Red Hat and Canonical as competitors to its Windows client business in its annual filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Three men have been sentenced to U.S. prison for attempting to transport sensitive and advanced U.S. technology, including integrated circuits, to China, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
HP today announced the expansion of its "HP Planet Partners Program" to consumer and small business customers. Previously available only to its direct enterprise customers, the recycling program will allow consumers and small to medium businesses to ...
Advanced Micro Devices introduced a new chipset on Monday with an integrated graphics core that provides a better high-definition video experience compared to earlier chipsets, the company said.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC