Intel on Tuesday reported that its net income for the second fiscal quarter of 2009 dropped US$2 billion year-over-year because of the hefty fine imposed on the chip maker by the European Commission.
British authorities have launched an investigation into the recent cyberattacks that crippled Web sites in the U.S. and South Korea, as the trail to find the perpetrators stretches around the world.
Dell executives on Tuesday said the company was looking to stimulate growth through acquisition as it moves its focus from client hardware to enterprise products.
It's no secret that iTunes' App Store has proven wildly successful--so much so that Apple's smartphone competitors are scrambling to duplicate the concept. But just to drive the point home, Apple today announced that its customers have downloaded mor...
Sun Microsystems said it expects to report a sharp drop in sales for the June quarter as it prepares to put its planned acquisition by Oracle to a shareholder vote later this week.
For two days we've been treated to report after report about 15-year-old Alexa Longueira, who last week fell into an open manhole while walking around texting instead of paying attention to her surroundings. Yes, texting can be dangerous.
European antitrust investigators believe a cartel in the market for LCD screens extends around the world, a European Commission official said Tuesday.
About one in six consumers have at some time acted on a spam message, affirming the economic incentive for spammers to keep churning out millions of obnoxious pitches per day, according to a new survey.
An attacker who defaced the Web site of Turkey's embassy in China on Monday left behind a pro-China note as the two countries worked through a diplomatic spat.
Microsoft Monday shed little light on its forthcoming Office Web Applications, which were announced nine months ago, leaving more questions about the depth of features, their integration with Office on the desktop, how they would run inside a corpora...
Microsoft planned to announce on Tuesday that it will start accepting applications for its Windows Marketplace for Mobile on July 27 and confirmed that not all existing applications will be available at the store.
A British hacker who has been fighting extradition to the United States for the past seven years today made an eleventh-hour appeal to a British court to be tried in the U.K. instead of in a U.S. federal court.
Microsoft today delivered six security updates that patch nine vulnerabilities, fixing two bugs already being used by hackers but leaving one still open to exploit.
Rackspace Tuesday released an API allowing developers greater access to the company's cloud computing platform, and said that customers will be able to move workloads back and forth between the Amazon and Rackspace clouds.
Microsoft on Tuesday revealed pricing and more details about how it will sell its Windows Azure cloud-computing infrastructure, making it free for anyone to use now before the company begins charging for it in November.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT