Netbook prices in the U.S. are tumbling as retail stores are offering the machines virtually for free, but with caveats attached to them.
Twitter's "Trending Topics" is a popular feature that allows you to see what are the most popular subjects being discussed on Twitter in real time. Yesterday, amid popular tweets about Wimbledon, Steve McNair, and Harry Potter, one thing seemed to b...
In an attempt to arrest its declining market share, Nokia will use September's Nokia World conference to unveil its first touchscreen Google Android mobile phone.
The recession might be having at least one positive effect - it has started cutting the volume of malware.
Most organisations are getting a poor return on their investments in firewalls due to the complex issues in managing them. This is despite the fact that enterprises are facing on average 300 network attacks every year.
Industry groups criticized and praised on Monday what they consider is a bias in favor of open-source software in the European Commission's plans to update the rules governing industry standard technologies.
Next month is the one year anniversary of a guideline by the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) that recommend increasing (PDF document) the temperature of air entering servers and other data center equi...
Nokia has denied today reports that the Finnish company is working on a mobile phone running on Google's Android mobile operating system.
Reports that Apple's iPhones are draining their batteries so fast that some users can't make it through a workday without recharging likely point to a problem in the new iPhone OS 3.0 software, an Apple hardware repair expert said Sunday.
Microsoft will finish Windows 7 a week from today and declare the operating system ready for "release to manufacturing," several Web sites have reported.
Thousands of legitimate Web sites hacked over the weekend are launching drive-by attacks using an exploit of a second critical unpatched vulnerability in Windows' DirectShow component, a Danish security company said today.
The iPhone 3GS is hot according to AT&T. No, I'm not talking about the overheating issues, but a alleged leaked memo from the iPhone's exclusive U.S. carrier. In the memo, AT&T reports the iPhone 3GS launch day on June 6 was the best-ever sales day f...
A high-level developer for a major Wall Street firm was arrested by the FBI on Friday and charged with stealing computer code that automates high-volume trading on stock and commodities markets, according to court documents.
In light of a new buyout offer for Data Domain Inc. by EMC Corp., NetApp Inc. said today it plans to review "all of its options" in considering a counteroffer for the deduplication vendor.
Web video site Joost is restructuring, abandoning its hopes to be a successful ad-supported Web TV provider. Instead it will sell its video-serving technology to other media companies.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia