Google is developing an open-source operating system targeted at Internet-centric computers such as netbooks and will release it later this year, the company said Wednesday.
Sony today took the first step into the netbook market, introducing the Vaio W line of mini laptops.
A botnet comprised of about 50,000 infected computers has been waging a war against U.S. government Web sites and causing headaches for businesses in the U.S. and South Korea.
Telstra has launched six new Next G mobile phones, including a world-first -- the LG GM730f -- and a low-end phone targeted at social network users, the LG Xenon.
Microsoft is extending its "Community Promise" patent licensing to C# programs and Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), enabling open source usage of the technologies without fear of any reprisals.
Just more than a year after it launches, Windows 7 will account for nearly half of all the client operating systems Microsoft ships to corporate users, according to forecasts by IDC.
Attorneys for Jammie Thomas-Rasset, a Minnesota mother of four slapped with a $1.92 million fine by a federal jury last month for illegally downloading 24 songs, have filed a request for a new trial.
LG Electronics plans to reorganize its factories in Mexico, closing one LCD TV factory and ending mobile phone production in the nation, the company said late Monday.
Apple's iPhone App Store is a huge success, with over 50,000 mobile applications available and more than a billion downloads.
Africa's lag behind other regions in technology may actually serve to ensure a faster Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) adoption.
In some parental circles, it's known that the best way to pull teenagers from a particular hobby is to participate. Likewise, no teen in his or her right mind would be caught dead hanging out with Mom and Dad. But can parents and teens share the same...
Fusion-io, the flash storage start-up with Steve Wozniak as its chief scientist, says it can now manage commercial-grade flash memory in a way that ensures enterprise-class reliability.
The woman ordered to pay $1.92 million in fines for illegally distributing 24 copyrighted songs said she will appeal, and called the June 18 jury verdict "excessive, shocking and monstrous."
Another day, another rumor for Sony and crew. Looks like this time, the rumors take a surprise turn in revealing tech specs for an upcoming PSP2 (No, not the PSPgo, but a true successor to the PSP). While this seems a bit shady as Sony just spent a g...
Gartner predicts that the number of subscribers using location-based services (LBS) globally will double this year, even as mobile device sales decline by 4%.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia