Skype, the mostly free voice over IP telephony company, announced on Tuesday it will release this week a Mac Skype starter kit that will include new communications software for Mac OS X 1.5.
IBM plans one day to charge for its software based on how fast it runs, not the number of processor cores on which it's running. The company announced licensing changes for its middleware Tuesday -- although the change will have no immediate effect o...
People trying to communicate across oppressive national firewalls could be interested in ScatterChat, a secure IM (instant messaging) application developed by an international group of hackers, human rights activists, lawyers and security experts.
The news that Bill Gates plans to cease being a full-time Microsoft employee in July 2008 was anything but surprising. It's been apparent for some time that Microsoft's founder and chairman (a title he will retain) is more energized by the work of th...
Tensions ran high on the second day of the Hackers on Planet Earth (HOPE) conference, as the FBI made a surprise visit to arrest one of the scheduled panelists.
Microsoft's Vista developers can't catch a break these days. After years of warnings from security researchers that old code in Windows was creating security risks, the software giant decided to rewrite key parts of the operating system.
Despite the criticism leveled at Microsoft after its recent rollout -- and partial rollback -- of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), that tool was just the first phase in the company's latest antipiracy effort.
Officials at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) acknowledge that they have failed to help Africa develop its information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure, and are looking to set up outreach efforts on the...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has agreed to buy Canadian graphics chip vendor, ATI Technologies, for about $US5.4 billion in cash and stock.
The One Laptop per Child (OLPC) initiative for the developing world, the brainchild of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab co-founder Nicholas Negroponte, is gaining ground in Africa, with Nigeria announcing the acquisition of one m...
Intel's next-generation chipset for WiMax devices will support either fixed or mobile versions of the wireless broadband technology, and all the equipment vendors that have adopted the company's current product plan to use the new one, Intel said Mon...
An Arkansas judge is hearing arguments for and against the settlement of a click-fraud lawsuit that critics say lets Google off the hook too easily.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) plans to buy graphics chip vendor, ATI Technologies, for $US5.4 billion, according to The Wall Street Journal. It expected an announcement regrading the deal to be made shortly.
Yahoo has now signed up the two biggest handset manufacturers to load its Yahoo Go for Mobile services on their phones, after an announcement with Motorola.
Under fire for reports that Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) misidentifies some genuine copies of Windows XP as pirated, Microsoft took the unusual step this week of releasing statistics about WGA's purported effectiveness for the first time via a blo...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT