Microsoft chairman and chief architect, Bill Gates, introduced new features of the next versions of Microsoft Office and Windows in his keynote at the Professional Developers Conference (PDC).
The Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) today said the government is secretly planning to axe 14,000 jobs at Telstra.
Oracle has agreed to acquire business applications vendor Siebel Systems in a deal valued at approximately US$5.85 billion, or a net value of US$3.61 billion taking into account Siebel's cash reserves, the companies announced Monday.
Hewlett-Packard's (HP's) early efforts in developing digital entertainment devices will enter a new chapter next year when the company introduces a 37-inch television that will allow users to connect directly to their PCs or the Internet over a home ...
Samsung Electronics announced a new flash memory chip on Monday that should pave the way for removable memory cards that can hold up to 32GB of data.
Microsoft is to add technical support, training, deployment planning and other side benefits to its controversial Software Assurance licensing program this week, according to leaked documents.
Online auction site, eBay, has agreed to acquire Internet telephony company, Skype Technologies, for $US2.6 billion.
Oracle has released the Windows edition of its newest database product, Oracle Database 10g Release 2, the company announced on Monday.
Ethical hacking may seem an oxymoron to some, but not to Computer Power corporate training, which is bringing its Certified Ethical Hacker course to Australia.
Bernard Ebbers, former CEO of WorldCom, won himself six more months of freedom. On Wednesday a federal judge granted Ebbers a reprieve while his lawyers appeal his conviction.
Just a few months after clearing one company of charges related to its peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file-sharing software, a Taiwanese court on Friday ordered executives at another one to pay fines and serve up to three years in jail.
After lining up several big-name telecommunication service providers to offer its new IPTV (Internet Protocol television) technology, Microsoft is now following up with a list of companies to provide optimized set-top boxes, and with a new system-on-...
Computers running the Firefox browser could be open to remote attack as a result of a buffer overflow vulnerability reported Friday by security researcher Tom Ferris.
Texas Instruments announced new technology intended to simplify and speed up the design and production of digital video devices, from set-top boxes and handhelds to cameras and automotive gear.
The Mozilla Foundation Friday released a beta version of Firefox 1.5, the first major upgrade of its popular open-source Web browser since Version 1.0 was released last November.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW