The wireless war is definitely "on" and Unwired is calling the shots. The wireless Internet provider is throwing the gauntlet down to BigPond in Sydney, with new user-plans that dramatically increase monthly downloads, at no extra cost.
Intel has revealed to it's Developer Forum a brand name for home entertainment PCs that it believes will stand for the same quality experience promoted by its Centrino home technology.
Google will continue expanding beyond its core search engine and push further into Web portal territory when it launches on Wednesday an instant messaging (IM) service with voice communications capabilities.
Skype Technologies hopes to broaden the use of its presence and instant messaging (IM) technologies by making them available to all developers wanting to integrate them into their Web site or applications, the company announced Wednesday.
PCs running a certain configuration of Microsoft's Windows XP operating system are vulnerable to attack from the Zotob worm that ran riot on Windows 2000 systems last week, Microsoft said.
Elpida Memory has completed development of its first DDR3 memory chip. The technology is an improvement on existing computer memory and should help increase performance in personal computers, particularly in the area of multimedia applications.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is protesting a proposal by the US Copyright Office that may temporarily require online forms to be submitted using only Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser or Netscape browsers.
Carly Fiorina has reached a deal to pen a memoir about her dramatic career, which went on hiatus in February following her ouster from Hewlett-Packard Co. after a turbulent five-year run as the company's chief executive.
A format battle between HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc in the race to replace DVD looks increasingly inevitable as time quickly runs out for a compromise. Supporters of both formats agree that compromise would benefit the entire industry but talks are stall...
Taiwanese contract chip maker United Microelectronics (UMC) said Monday it will double its monthly shipments of cutting edge 90-nanometer chips by October due to strong demand for chips used in a broad range of devices.
A joint venture established by Canon and Toshiba to develop and commercialise a new flat-panel display technology called surface-conduction electron-emitter display (SED) will begin trial production of displays this week.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has challenged Intel to a public fight to see which company has the best-performing 64-bit dual-core server processors.
Intel CEO, Paul Otellini, has confirmed Intel will introduce a new chip design architecture next year focused on delivering the best performance per watt of power consumed.
IBM Tivoli software executives detailed how the management software arm of Big Blue plans to help all customers - from mainframe users to distributed network managers to IT service managers - more efficiently manage their IT infrastructure with integ...
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) has launched an SME Marketing Guide to counter a lack of marketing resources available for the ICT industry.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW