Advanced Micro Devices lowered its sales forecast for the second quarter on Thursday due to slower than expected sales of certain laptop and desktop PC microprocessors.
Microsoft's hardware division is developing a slim wireless keyboard that will make it easier for users to access Windows Live services and features in its Windows Vista OS.
Rambus has added another memory chip maker, Toshiba, to the stable of companies finally agreeing to pay a contentious licensing fee for its SDRAM (synchronous dynamic RAM) and DDR (double data rate) SDRAM memory technology.
Recent price cuts by printer vendors have sparked an increase in sales of single function mono laser printers in Q1, according to the latest figures from IDC.
Computer hackers are increasingly tailoring attacks using Trojan horse programs for certain businesses in hopes of filching intellectual property, a new security report released Thursday said.
With online attackers taking advantage of holes in its Office software, Microsoft plans to release seven software patches next week.
Microsoft is reportedly readying an iPod killer set to hit retail shelves in time for the end-of-year holiday shopping season.
U.K. researchers have found a way to use ultraviolet (UV) light instead of furnaces to create the silicon dioxide insulation layer on computer chips, a breakthrough that could lead to big energy savings for chip makers and lower prices for customers.
Following an industry trend toward smaller, more efficient PCs, Apple Computer phased the bulky CRT (cathode ray tube) monitor out of its product line on Wednesday, moving entirely to LCDs (liquid crystal displays).
The founder of Wikipedia, the peer-edited online encyclopedia, has launched a new political wiki site, saying it's "time for politics to become more intelligent."
In a tacit acknowledgment of the OpenDocument Format's (ODF) increased momentum, Microsoft announced Thursday that it will back an open-source project to create software allowing Microsoft Office users to open and save files in ODF.
International Voice over IP (VoIP) companies, Transcom Australasia Pty Ltd and Transcom International Limited, have issued a claim for $3.2 million against Adelaide-based ISP, Chariot Ltd, citing breach of contract.
Microsoft plans to unveil <a href="http://projectglidepath.net/blog/default.aspx">Project Glidepath</a>, a program to help small ISVs get up to speed on the planned Windows Vista operating system and .Net Framework 3.0, according to Microsoft blogs.
Motorola will buy the broadband wireless equipment business of Clearwire as part of a set of deals intended to help jump-start mobile WiMax, the companies announced Wednesday.
Although widespread virus outbreaks may be a thing of the past, the total amount of malicious software being written is on the rise, according to McAfee.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW