Analysts at IDC recently took apart an iPod Shuffle and come up with an estimate of how much the diminutive music player costs Apple Computer Inc. to make. They found that Apple makes a healthy 35 percent to 40 percent profit on each player sold, and...
Microsoft has taken the unusual step of releasing an unscheduled fix for a problem that caused some PC's upgraded to Service Pack 2 (SP2) to crash in dramatic "blue screen" fashion.
Microsoft is set to unveil new Real Time Collaboration (RTC) plans and technologies, including tools for instant messaging and video conferencing, at a press event on March 8.
A fake e-mail that purports to be from the FBI is circulating on the Internet with a computer virus as its payload.
A new generation of products is promising users the ability to remotely access their TVs from around the house on a local network or from around the world via a broadband Internet connection.
U.K. retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) will extend its ongoing trial of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for the management of its clothing stock from nine of its stores to 53 in the second quarter of next year.
Microsoft's silence on its Next-Generation Secure Computing Base (NGSCB) architecture has some industry insiders wondering if the technology has been substantially delayed, or even axed.
In the war against reducing vulnerabilities in software code Microsoft Senior Security Strategist Phil Reitinger admitted the company still had a long way to go, but vowed the war will be won in the development stage.
Wireless broadband wholesaler Personal Broadband Australia (PBA) is bursting at the seams with growth in business and geographical coverage, plus plans for accelerated services over the next three years.
Wherever you turn at trade shows, there's always a stand with blaring music, and the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes was no exception this week. However, this time the music was not only accompanying the announcements: it was headlining.
Rambus has produced what it believes is a smoking gun in its ongoing patent infringement court case with Hynix Semiconductor.
A Dutch Web site claimed victory in a David and Goliath battle against Microsoft this week after the software giant's AntiSpyware program flagged the Dutch company's homepage as malicious content.
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices plans to ship a dual-core version of its 64-bit Athlon 64 microprocessor for desktop and mobile PCs during the second half of this year -- but the chips won't be targeted at the high end of the market, the company sa...
Apple Computer has released a patch for Mac OS X fixing a major security hole in Java -- three months after Sun Microsystems's original warning.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) has begun shipping a new version of its 1-inch Microdrive hard-disk drive that can hold 50 percent more data than the company's current highest capacity model, it said Wednesday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- New query language could turn log files into business insights
- Apple acquires Metaio with a view to augmented reality
- Man charged with selling fake discount coupons on Silk Road
- This smart fabric from Google can change the music and turn off the lights
- Keep your legacy management style out of the Cloud, Intuit exec says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW