Google will continue expanding beyond its core search engine and push further into Web portal territory when it launches on Wednesday an instant messaging (IM) service with voice communications capabilities.
Skype Technologies hopes to broaden the use of its presence and instant messaging (IM) technologies by making them available to all developers wanting to integrate them into their Web site or applications, the company announced Wednesday.
PCs running a certain configuration of Microsoft's Windows XP operating system are vulnerable to attack from the Zotob worm that ran riot on Windows 2000 systems last week, Microsoft said.
Elpida Memory has completed development of its first DDR3 memory chip. The technology is an improvement on existing computer memory and should help increase performance in personal computers, particularly in the area of multimedia applications.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is protesting a proposal by the US Copyright Office that may temporarily require online forms to be submitted using only Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser or Netscape browsers.
Carly Fiorina has reached a deal to pen a memoir about her dramatic career, which went on hiatus in February following her ouster from Hewlett-Packard Co. after a turbulent five-year run as the company's chief executive.
A format battle between HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc in the race to replace DVD looks increasingly inevitable as time quickly runs out for a compromise. Supporters of both formats agree that compromise would benefit the entire industry but talks are stall...
Taiwanese contract chip maker United Microelectronics (UMC) said Monday it will double its monthly shipments of cutting edge 90-nanometer chips by October due to strong demand for chips used in a broad range of devices.
A joint venture established by Canon and Toshiba to develop and commercialise a new flat-panel display technology called surface-conduction electron-emitter display (SED) will begin trial production of displays this week.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has challenged Intel to a public fight to see which company has the best-performing 64-bit dual-core server processors.
Intel CEO, Paul Otellini, has confirmed Intel will introduce a new chip design architecture next year focused on delivering the best performance per watt of power consumed.
IBM Tivoli software executives detailed how the management software arm of Big Blue plans to help all customers - from mainframe users to distributed network managers to IT service managers - more efficiently manage their IT infrastructure with integ...
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) has launched an SME Marketing Guide to counter a lack of marketing resources available for the ICT industry.
Fujitsu filed a patent infringement lawsuit on Monday against Taiwanese memory chip maker Nanya Technology over DRAM (dynamic RAM) technology, Fujitsu said.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) introduced two new low-power-consumption 64-bit microprocessors, the MT-37 and the MT-40, to its Turion mobile range on Monday.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LibreOffice gets major update with version 5, is now Windows 10 compatible
- SDN switches aren't hard to compromise, researcher says
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, August 5
- File sync services provide covert way to control hacked computers
- Samsung adds payments to its smart TVs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW