Engineers at Japan's NEC have developed a flexible battery that is less than a millimeter thick that can be charged in half a minute, the company said Wednesday.
Sony will appeal a fine for price fixing, after a French retailer said a Sony representative had branded its discounting practices "an act of terrorism."
Security vendors have discovered a variant of the Sober worm which they say is programmed to download an unknown piece of code from various Internet addresses early next month, launching a potential barrage of traffic on the Internet.
The standard for the broadband wireless technology known as mobile WiMax has been approved. Mobile WiMax networks will allow customers to wirelessly access the Internet anywhere they may be in a city.
British telecommunications service provider BT Group (BT) has taken another key step forward in its ambitious interactive television plans by securing content from three of the world's largest entertainment companies.
Google is adding a new feature to its Gmail Web mail service that lets users display links to various types of Web content, such as news articles and blog entries, according to information posted this week on the What's New section of the Gmail Web s...
A 10-point drop in the estimated 35 percent global software piracy rate would create 2.4 million jobs and US$400 billion in economic growth over four years, according to a study released by a software trade group Thursday.
Microsoft will share a part of its advertising revenues from its search engine with users, the company's chairman Bill Gates said in a panel discussion on an Indian television channel.
Microsoft has added an enhanced satellite view along with other new user features to its local search product, which was rebranded this week from Virtual Earth to Windows Live Local.
Global sales of chip production equipment will likely rise 9.1 per cent next year after falling this year amid declining orders in nearly all regions, according to the industry group, Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI).
Yahoo plans to upgrade Yahoo Messenger with a capability that lets US users dial out from the instant messaging service interface to traditional or mobile phones, a Yahoo executive said Monday.
A new breed of malicious instant-message bots is on the loose, according to IMlogic Inc., the developer of enterprise instant messaging security applications.
Intel is working on a research project that would immediately notify PC users if they inadvertently download a rootkit like the XCP (extended copy protection) software found on certain music CDs shipped by Sony, researchers said Tuesday.
Just how useful is the Common Malware Enumeration (CME) initiative debuted by U.S.-CERT this autumn?
South Korea's Samsung SDI has sued Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic) over PDP (plasma display panel) technology, Samsung SDI said Wednesday.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Amazon takes aim at Etsy with 'Handmade' store for handcrafted items
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW