IBM has put its PC business up for sale, according to a story published on Friday on the Web site of The New York Times.
Sharman Networks turned up the heat on three record label representatives in the Federal court on Thursday, attacking the labels' spoof files campaign.
Microsoft is again using the courts to pursue individuals allegedly responsible for spam e-mail campaigns, this time going after those who send out unsolicited and sexually explicit e-mail.
Four executives at German memory vendor Infineon Technologies and its U.S. subsidiary have pled guilty to charges of illegally setting prices for PC memory chips, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Thursday.
Lycos Europe NV is caught in a tit-for-tat struggle with spammers, just days after releasing a free screen saver software program that uses computer down time to swamp Web sites associated with spam campaigns.
Intel is preparing a marketing strategy that will brand desktop PCs with a similar label that made its Centrino notebook technology a household name, according to sources familiar with the company's plans.
Pacific Internet customers will lead the fight against the growing threat of e-mail spam with new software being trialled by the Australian Communciations Authority (ACA).
Microsoft's MSN division will launch a test version of a free Web logging (blogging) service aimed at consumers on Thursday, Microsoft's first foray as a provider of this increasingly popular Internet activity for the mass consumer market.
Leading online retail sites were struggling to keep up with consumer demand this holiday shopping season, according to data released Monday by Internet performance management vendor Keynote Systems.
Nokia, the world's largest handset maker, is investing up to US$150 million over the next four years to establish a manufacturing facility in India, it announced Wednesday.
As part of its fight against software piracy, Microsoft has filed lawsuits against eight US resellers for allegedly buying and selling fake and used Certificate of Authenticity labels.
As expected, Microsoft Wednesday released an out-of-cycle security bulletin and patch designed to fix a critical hole in the Internet Explorer Web browser that is already being widely exploited by attackers. The company also announced a change to Wi...
Microsoft is investigating a security flaw in Windows server software that could allow an attacker to gain complete control over systems running the software, the company said.
A key figure in the Kazaa file-sharing trial arrives in Sydney today to give evidence of Australian users downloading copyright material via the peer-to-peer software.
Sony is broadening support for the MP3 file format in its portable music player range. It will introduce a new hard disk-based MP3 player in December, and will offer software upgrades for earlier players with hard disk storage so they can play MP3s t...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW