After two Israeli researchers published a paper earlier this month explaining how security mechanisms in short-range wireless Bluetooth technology could be quickly undermined, members of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) are now urging users...
Google is offering a new service that tailors a user's query results based on the user's previous searches, the company announced Tuesday.
The Norwegian hacker who cracked the encryption mechanism used by DVDs has turned his attention to Google's new Video Viewer.
Yahoo has enhanced its My Web personal search service to make it possible for users to share their personal Web index of pages and links.
Only six of the largest 100 companies in the US achieved "excellent" ratings for online customer service, according to the 2005 Online Customer Respect Study from The Customer Respect Group.
As the clock ticks on support for mainstream Windows 2000 users, Microsoft has released a "high priority" update rollup of over 50 security fixes.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) hopes to bring its antitrust case against Intel before a jury by the end of next year and reveal the extent of Intel's alleged conduct through documents and the testimony of industry insiders, AMD executives said Tuesday.
Until the e-mails emerge, and the executives begin to talk, assessing the chances of Advanced Micro Devices's antitrust lawsuit against Intel is largely academic, industry analysts said Tuesday.
Researchers in Japan have reported success in an advanced data-storage technology that could help yield hard-disk drives with capacities of seven times or more than today's most advanced drives in as soon as five years.
Broadband Internet is going gangbusters in Australia, with the number of connected users rapidly approaching two million, more than double that of last year.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) has reversed an earlier ruling and upheld US duties on DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips made in South Korea by Hynix Semiconductor.
Creative Technology, a Singapore-based maker of MP3 players, Monday lowered its guidance for its fiscal fourth quarter, citing "softer-than-expected" demand for MP3 players and lower selling prices.
Hong Kong-based electronics manufacturer Nam Tai Electronic and Electrical Products has begun manufacturing a new version of the EyeToy camera for Sony Computer Entertainment's (SCEI) PlayStation 2 console, the company said Tuesday.
Sharman Networks, the Australian company that owns the Kazaa file-sharing software, said Tuesday that it welcomes a US Supreme Court decision regarding file-sharing software that was announced a day earlier and has been widely interpreted as a victor...
Two men have been sentenced to a total of 10 years in prison for their roles in a wide range of online fraud activities, U.K. authorities said this week.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple computers vulnerable to 'Thunderstrike 2' firmware worm
- Apple falls to third in China smartphone rankings, while Xiaomi vaults ahead
- Cleaning up botnets takes years, if ever, to complete
- Yahoo tackles large 'malvertising' campaign in its ad network
- Plantronics BackBeat Sense Bluetooth headphones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC