Digital media player vendor, Creative Technology, has asked a US court to block sales of Apple Computer's iPod devices, claiming they violate one of Creative's US patents.
Google has set its eyes on the nation's top IT talent as the company looks to rapidly expand numbers in its Australian operation.
Hitachi GST has joined Seagate in shipping a notebook hard drive using perpendicular recording technology. Its Travelstar 5K160, like the Seagate Momentus 5400, spins at 5400rpm and holds 160GB. HItachi claims the drive is the most reliable of its ty...
The U.S. Supreme Court has set aside a lower court decision to stop eBay from using a prominent feature on its Web site because of a patent dispute.
A former U.S. government security auditor has been sentenced to 10 months in jail and home confinement, after pleading guilty to snooping on his supervisor's computer.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has approved a new top-level domain suffixed ".tel," awarding a contract to Telnic, an Internet communications company based in London.
Developers are getting their first chance to play with a Web layout and design tool which Microsoft hopes will lure developers from Adobe Dreamweaver.
A "vigilante" Trojan, that attempts to protect infected PCs from the effects of malware caught while using peer-to-peer file-sharing networks, has been discovered.
It sounds like a throwback to the 1980s, but security company Sophos has reported the existence of a new "prank" worm that hijacks network print queues to perform a uniquely ludicrous stunt -- it attempts to print a large picture of an owl.
Sony plans to unveil new client software next week that will extend its LocationFree TV platform to Macintosh computers and a wider range of mobile devices.
Sun's JavaOne conference this week will highlight a growing embrace of open source and a move toward making Java-based applications link more tightly with legacy systems as the programming language plays a key role in the accelerating move toward Web...
Search engines deliver links to dangerous Web sites that download spyware and adware to visitors' PCs, exploit security vulnerabilities and attempt to scam users and include them in spam lists, a new study has found.
Symantec is toying with the idea of delivering a new service that would allow users to automatically back up digital files to the Web, according to Symantec Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John Thompson.
Apple Computer released its third major patch this year for the OS X operating system on Thursday, fixing 31 software vulnerabilities in a range of products that could be used by remote attackers to compromise Mac OS systems.
Software development and engineering roles had the highest growth in April, according to the latest Olivier Internet Job Index. Listings for these positions grew 31 per cent during the month compared with the figures for March.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC