The unrest among Palm OS developers over Palm's forthcoming Windows Mobile-based Treo smart phone has prompted Palm President and Chief Executive Officer Ed Colligan to pen a letter to Palm's developer community with promises to continue releasing Pa...
The fallout continues over Sony BMG Music Entertainment's controversial XCP copy protection software, with an Italian digital rights organization now taking the first step toward possible criminal charges in the matter. Separately, security vendor Co...
Remarked versions of Intel's Pentium M mobile processors are circulating in China, but the problem is not widespread, the chip maker said Tuesday.
Samsung Electronics isn't planning an online music store to compete with existing services, it said Monday. The statement clarifies remarks made just over a week ago by a senior executive to Korean reporters, and subsequently confirmed by the company...
Beijing Visionox Technology and Tsinghua University have begun construction of a plant that will produce OLED (organic light-emitting diode) displays in Kunshan, Jiangsu province, the company said in a statement.
Verso Technologies Inc., of Atlanta, Georgia, hopes to soon win a contract to block Chinese Internet users from using eBay Inc.'s Skype VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) software, the company said Monday.
NTT DoCoMo will launch a service in December that allows its customers to make credit card purchases using the contactless smart card technology embedded in its latest cell phone handsets, it said Tuesday.
Chip-making underdog Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) edged past Intel last month in supplying processors for the U.S. retail PC market, according to a study by research firm Current Analysis.
Qualcomm has signed a license to use Arm's core architecture for internally developed chips, announcing the first Qualcomm-developed mobile phone processor in a press release Tuesday.
Microsoft has issued a patch that addresses three critical security vulnerabilities in the way that its operating system processes Windows Metafile images. The patch, called Windows Update MS05-053 was released Tuesday as part of the Redmond, Washing...
If there is one thing Microsoft Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Ballmer made clear at Microsoft's launch event Monday, it's that the new business software products from the company are a good fit for enterprise deployments.
McAfee Monday announced it is making available the beta version of its desktop-based policy enforcement software that can provide over 400 different security checks before allowing a LAN connection or remote VPN access.
Macromedia has warned of a critical bug in its Flash Player -- one of the most widely used pieces of software on the desktop -- that could allow attackers to take over a system.
United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan, seeking to defuse a feud over Internet governance ahead of a global summit next week, wrote in a newspaper column published Saturday that no proposals exist to create a U.N. agency to take over the Net.
Peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software vendor Grokster has closed down as part of a settlement in a 3-year-old lawsuit brought against it by the U.S. entertainment industry.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW