Hewlett-Packard's (HP) new Media Center desktop PCs come with docking stations for iPod music players and a fresh new color scheme.
An "apprentice" hacker broke into the PABX system of John James Hospital in Canberra last week and made more than $5000 worth of international calls.
Microsoft Research has had 7,000 downloads of its Comega programming technology, which is intended to bridge the gap between relational, object, and XML data models.
A jury in California has found Toshiba and one of its U.S. units liable in a case brought by Lexar Media concerning flash memory and ordered Toshiba to pay US$380 million in damages, Lexar said last week.
A jury in California on Thursday ordered Toshiba and one of its U.S. subsidiaries to pay an additional US$84 million in damages to Lexar Media, Lexar said in a statement.
Lawyers for Grokster have recruited a financially powerful ally in their fight against Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios.
A U.S. court ordered Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) to pay Immersion US$90.7 million for patent infringement of touch feedback technology used in PlayStation games consoles, said court documents. The court also ordered a halt to U.S. sales of inf...
Leading global telecommunications companies, ISPs (Internet service providers) and network operators will begin sharing information on Internet attacks as members of a new group called the "Fingerprint Sharing Alliance," according to a published stat...
A company that offered US$25,000 for the first virus that automatically spreads among Apple Computer computers running the OS X operating system cancelled the virus writing contest and retracted the offer of cash, citing concerns about legal liabilit...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has introduced low-power HE versions of its 2.2GHz Opteron model 148, 248, and 848 processors.
HP is clearing its shelves of old Media Center PCs ahead of the launch of a new generation of the systems, one of which turned up at a store owned by Circuit City Stores earlier this month.
PC shipment growth will slow a little bit more in 2005 than previously expected, as the consumer market catches its breath after the past few years, according to IDC.
Yahoo will increase the inbox capacity of its free Web mail service for the third time in the past 9 months, now raising storage to 1G byte, matching Google's Gmail and exceeding Microsoft's Hotmail.
Yahoo launched on Wednesday the first upgrade to its desktop search tool, adding the ability to index data from Yahoo's instant messenger archives stored on users' PCs and from users' address books residing on Yahoo's servers.
Enterprise management software company BMC Software is continuing its identity-management buying spree, announcing that it is buying OpenNetwork Technologies, a maker of Web access management and single sign-on technology, for US$18 million in cash.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Winners of our ESET Antivirus competition announced
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
- Microsoft's new Tossup app tries to simplify getting friends together
- Humans again to blame for latest accidents involving Google autonomous cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW