A government-funded Taiwanese research group plans to show off its prowess in flexible display technology by developing a wearable and flexible electronic device by the end of October, an official said Thursday.
Lenovo Group, the world's third-largest PC vendor, reported Wednesday that its revenue and profit slipped during the fourth quarter of its financial year.
The federal government may consider a range of further curbs to regulate the use of so-called spyware, but will look for pragmatic solutions from the corporate sector, public interest groups and IT vendors rather than take a legal stick to the proble...
Volume production of a write-once HD-DVD-R disc that can store 15G-bytes of data will begin in the first half of next year, about the same time that HD-DVD recorders and PC drives will become available, Toshiba and two optical disc makers said at a n...
Police in London arrested an unemployed computer systems administrator on Tuesday, over two years after U.S. authorities said they would request his extradition to answer charges of hacking U.S. government computer systems.
Debian 3.1 has finally arrived after a wait of nearly three years -- to be followed a few hours later by an update fixing a security configuration problem.
Multiple vendors have lined up to support a new platform that will allow users to run applications off of portable USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives.
Tech buyers should buy the more environmentally-friendly products such as HP and Dell, ahead of less ecologically-aware computers, according to a PC report card released this week.
Microsoft will begin distributing a modified version of its Windows XP operating system to PC makers in Europe on June 15, more than a year after it was ordered to do so as part of the European Commission's antitrust ruling against the company.
Broadband wireless is blowing into Supercomm in Chicago this week just as certification tests are about to begin based on the WiMax fixed-wireless specification.
Cellnet has struck its first Australian deal with HP to stock its converged handheld devices.
When is a chip not just a chip? When Apple Computer is involved.
Acer has broken the $1000 price point with its Extensa 2355XC notebook but will only offer the model through OfficeWorks and BigW. The news has drawn a mixed reaction from its wider IT channel.
Microsoft has revealed details of the concessions it offered last week to the European Commission in negotiations over how it will comply with the terms of an antitrust case settlement.
Microsoft is working on tools to make it easier and faster for developers to link Office desktop applications such as Outlook, Excel and Word with backend applications and data.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW