New Zealand will get a taste of the next generation high-speed network technology for GSM/UMTS (Global System for Mobile Communications/Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) operators tomorrow when Vodafone New Zealand demonstrates HSDPA (High ...
DRAM (dynamic-RAM) chip makers are forecasting higher prices for DDR2 (double data rate, second generation) memory chips over the next three months, and current trends could mean they'll remain strong all year.
Apple is facing a lawsuit over technology within its popular iPod digital music player and two related applications.
Yahoo has acquired most of the technology from Meedio, which makes software that turns PCs into DVRs (digital video recorders) and digital media organizers and links them with television sets, Meedio announced on Monday.
Dell moved to solidify its position in the lucrative gaming market Tuesday by launching the XPS M1710, a dual-core processor machine designed to let gamers simultaneously play three-dimensional games while encoding music or scanning for viruses.
In a move to strengthen its expertise in next-generation wireless technologies, Motorola said Tuesday it has agreed to acquire privately held Orthogon Systems for an undisclosed sum.
Microsoft plans to promote adoption of the Sender ID e-mail specification and introduce a new program for helping ISPs (Internet service providers) protect the integrity of e-mail messages at the E-mail Authentication Summit in Chicago.
By now, you'd think that nobody would be gullible enough to fall for a phish. But you'd be wrong.
Microsoft has initiated a new program to push its software into the health-care industry, the company announced at the World Health Care Congress, which began Monday in Washington, D.C.
Acer, the world's third largest PC company, has withdrawn its representative from the board of directors at BenQ so each company can focus on its own brand name and to avoid conflict over their competing businesses.
RealNetworks Friday said it has won a patent-infringement suit that Ethos Technologies brought against the company in 2002.
Some internet users and administrators see increased input by governments into the public policy aspects of the internet as worrying, but ICANN chairman Vint Cerf views it as a positive move.
Significant changes made in a security patch from Microsoft to the way Internet Explorer processes ActiveX can cause Siebel 7 client software to lock up and become unusable.
An injunction that could disrupt the distribution of the Xbox 360 game console is possible because of a patent suit Lucent Technologies filed against Microsoft, according to attorneys who practice intellectual property (IP) law.
As part of Microsoft's continued efforts to promote its anti-piracy campaign in China, Microsoft and Lenovo Group executives plan to sign a $US1.2 billion deal to cement a joint effort by the companies to provide genuine Windows software to Chinese c...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD