Red Hat's planned purchase of JBoss will enable the Linux distribution company to more fully embrace SOA (service-oriented architecture) as well as expand its offerings of integrated software stacks, according to company executives Monday. For its pa...
Linux is growing along with the wheat, barley, chickpeas, and lupins in Perenjori, a small shire in Western Australia, thanks to a man named Barry Kauler.
Skype Technologies has acquired Internet voice technology company Sonorit Holding and its U.S. subsidiary, Camino Networks, for about US$27 million in eBay stock., Skype announced Tuesday.
Taxi passengers in the Japanese capital will soon be able to start paying for rides using electronic money with three taxi fleet operators.
The registry for the new .eu domain has grown to 1.4 million Web addresses since Friday morning -- but one registrar has accused the group that runs it of inept organization, allowing companies to cheat the system by setting up bogus registrars to wo...
Google has acquired search engine technology from the University of New South Wales that the institution described last year as potentially revolutionary.
Microsoft this week plans to release a new search tool that will go head to head with Google's Google Scholar service, according to sources familiar with the company's plans.
Compuware unveiled a testing tool Tuesday designed to allow developers and testers -- especially those using Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005 - to identify and resolve errors more quickly.
Researchers at Edith Cowan University have proven Generation One Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags can be breached to cause a denial-of-service attack on the tags, using cheap store-bought radio transmitters.
Microsoft has released its security software patches for April, addressing a bug in the Internet Explorer (IE) browser that hackers had been exploiting for several weeks.
Intel has paid Micron Technology $US230 million for NAND flash memory designs and certain related technologies, as well as a perpetual license to use and modify the designs.
McAfee has jazzed up its Web site with a new online portal designed to help users research a wide range of security problems. Called the McAfee Threat Center, the portal was launched Monday as part of a redesign of the McAfee.com Web site.
The Federal court has declared Daniel Albert, Managing Director of Photo safe, Data Vault and ie Networks, all of which are in liquidation, guilty of deceiving 37 small businesses in a series of scams which offered prospective franchisees high return...
Sony and Samsung Electronics have reached a basic agreement to build a new US$2 billion manufacturing line for LCD (liquid crystal display) panels, the companies said Monday.
Following on the heels of Apple's release of release of Boot Camp, which allows Intel-based Macs to dual-boot Mac OS X and Windows, comes a virtualization system allowing both operating systems to run at the same time.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA