Hitachi Global Storage Technology is planning to launch a higher-capacity version of its Microdrive 1-inch hard-disk drive in the fourth quarter of this year, a company representative said Thursday at Computex in Taipei.
A new XML-based file format will become the default in Office 12, Microsoft announced Thursday, as it prepares to discuss plans for its Office update at next week's TechEd developer conference.
A new "sophisticated" attack that uses three pieces of malware to turn PCs into zombies that can be sold to criminal groups has appeared on the Internet this week, security vendor Computer Associates International (CA) said Thursday.
The 2005 Hays IT survey has found salaries are again on the rise for IT staff, with 42 percent of organizations in the survey increasing salaries for IT staff by 3 to 6 percent.
Aiming to please photography enthusiasts, Microsoft is enhancing current and upcoming versions of its Windows operating system to allow users to more easily work with "Raw" image files, which take information directly from the camera's image sensor t...
Samsung Electronics will ship its X20 notebook with an embedded wireless LAN (WLAN) chip from Airgo Networks that allows users to speed up wireless connections, Airgo announced Wednesday at Computex.
Taiwanese hardware maker Iwill plans to update its small form-factor Opteron workstation later this year with the introduction of a new version, the ZMAXd2, according to a company spokesman.
Via Technologies announced yesterday that it has begun shipping samples of its C7-M processor, the mobile version of the company's C7 chip unveiled last week.
Agilent Technologies is equipping mice with laser sensors, the better to see on smooth surfaces such as highly polished wood or frosted glass.
Taiwanese hardware vendor Acer plans to add mobile-phone functions to its line of PDAs (personal digital assistants) next year, but specific details of the company's plans are scarce.
BenQ is demonstrating one of the few working Blu-ray Disc optical drive prototypes at Computex in Taipei this week.
ATI Technologies on Wednesday demonstrated its upcoming Crossfire technology for allowing two GPUs (graphics processing units) to be used in one PC, claiming it offers better performance than dual GPU technology developed by rival Nvidia. The demonst...
Another variant of the Mytob worm began wiggling its way into inboxes this week, enticing recipients to open an e-mail attachment that could allow a remote hacker to access and perform commands on an infected machine.
Microsoft on Wednesday said it has completed development of its next generation instant messaging and real-time collaboration client, Office Communicator 2005, and plans to ship the software before the end of June.
AOpen is showing off at the Computex trade show in Taipei a small desktop PC that closely resembles Apple Computer's Mac mini except for the use of Microsoft's Windows operating system and Intel's Pentium M processor.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LibreOffice gets major update with version 5, is now Windows 10 compatible
- SDN switches aren't hard to compromise, researcher says
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, August 5
- File sync services provide covert way to control hacked computers
- Samsung adds payments to its smart TVs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW