Microsoft is continuing to build out its Web hosting products, offering service providers new tools Tuesday to integrate Windows-based applications into their sites and help improve site management.
Despite traditionally being a quieter period for sales, the first quarter of 2005 saw growth in the Australian PC market.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) provided the first detailed specifications of its next-generation PlayStation 3 games console on Tuesday and said it plans to launch the device during the first half of 2006.
Microsoft is readying a slimmed-down version of Windows XP for users who want to upgrade their Windows operating systems but not their PCs.
An ambitious plan by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's (MIT) Media Lab to develop and distribute a laptop computer costing no more than US$100 is expected to take a major step forward next month with the receipt of the first order.
Users of AOL's instant messaging software, AIM, should be on the lookout for an innovative new worm, variously named "Oscarbot-B" and "Doyorg" by antivirus companies.
Microsoft is set to release on Monday an upgrade to its MSN Search Toolbar with Windows Desktop Search that adds a number of enhancements, including the ability to preview documents on users' hard drives.
Microsoft is paving the way for its September release of a new small-business accounting application by putting together a host of networking and support services targeted at accountants, including the new Microsoft Professional Accountants Network i...
E-mail users perplexed by the barrage of German-language spam waiting in their inboxes Monday morning can point the finger of blame at the latest version of the Sober mass mailing worm which began rapidly spreading over the weekend.
New doubts have been raised over the future of ultra-wide band (UWB), by the chair of the group creating a standard for the fast networking technology.
Oracle and PHP (PHP: Hypertext Processor) tools maker Zend Technologies on Monday will announce plans to enhance open source PHP development on Oracle databases via a free package called Zend Core for Oracle.
Microsoft and Sun Microsystems on Friday said they have agreed to a single sign-on specification to ease cross-platform identity management and promised to broadly improve the interoperability of their rival .Net and Java Web services platforms.
Microsoft has tried for years to get other software vendors to use Office as the front end for their applications, according to some analysts. Now it finally appears to be making some headway.
Up to 300 New Zealand BankDirect customers were presented with a security alert when they visited the bank's website earlier this month - and all but one dismissed the warning and carried on with their banking.
Toshiba and Microsoft have signed a cross-licensing pact covering computer and consumer electronics products technologies, the companies said Friday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Video gaming sparks excitement in China
- OPM, Anthem hackers reportedly also breached United Airlines
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW