Virtualization software company Parallels said it will announce a virtualization product for Intel-powered Macs, with more details becoming available later this week.
Lucent Technologies has filed suit against Microsoft for patent infringement over technology used in its Xbox 360 game console.
Samsung Electronics will delay the U.S. launch of its Blu-ray Disc player by one month, the company said Monday.
Sega Holdings U.S.A. will acquire U.S. game developer Secret Level for an undisclosed amount, Sega announced Monday.
IBM and a small Silicon Valley start-up have developed a new, energy-efficient microprocessor aimed at users who want streaming live, high definition video on mobile devices, the companies said Monday.
A vulnerability in McAfee's e-mail filtering software could allow unwanted code to run on a computer, but a patch should fix the problem, according to a security advisory published Tuesday.
Samsung Electronics has begun mass-producing 1G-bit flash memory chips using a more advanced manufacturing process, the company said Tuesday, helping to fuel the rapid growth in flash memory use for gadgets like digital cameras and MP3 players.
NTL's bid for British mobile phone company Virgin Mobile Holdings (UK) PLC has won the approval of Virgin Mobile's board, the companies announced Tuesday. The cash-and-stock offer values Virgin Mobile at £962 million (US$1.67 billion), NTL said.
The music industry unleashed a new wave of copyright lawsuits on European Internet users on Tuesday, bringing the total sued since November to around 2,000, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
Around 60 percent of businesses are shying away from deploying mobile devices primarily due to security concerns, a new survey says.
Mobile phones built in 2007 could store twice as many photos as they do now with a super-dense NOR flash memory chip from Intel.
The mobile gaming market continues to consolidate, with Glu Mobile announcing that it bought the U.K.'s iFone for an undisclosed sum.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has begun selling the first processors to roll off the company's newest assembly line, located in Dresden, Germany.
Microsoft is working with partners to come up with a directory of add-on applications for Office Live that will be ready when the full version of the service goes live later this year.
Firefox, the free open-source Web browser from Mozilla.org, quietly gained enough users in March to finally grab 10 percent of the Web browser market, according to a report released Monday by Web audience measurement firm Net Applications.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia