Original infection estimates for the Nyxem virus - also nicknamed the Kama Sutra worm- are grossly inflated, according to Sophos Labs. A more realistic infection figure is 260,000 instead of the original estimate of two million infections.
Google plans to release an improved test version of its browser toolbar whose functionality can be extended with custom buttons.
Several community wireless and networking specialists have just completed a free, downloadable book designed to instruct people in remote corners of the world on how to build their own Internet connections using wireless gear. While the book itself i...
Microsoft has sharpened its free MSN Spaces blogging service with tune-ups for its search feature and new options for generating revenue through partnerships with Amazon.com and Kanoodle.com.
Japanese DRAM (dynamic RAM) manufacturer Elpida Memory has agreed to plead guilty and pay a US$84 million fine for participating in an "international conspiracy" to fix DRAM prices, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Monday.
Users of AMD's microprocessors may want to think twice before looking for technical support on the company's Web site. Customer support discussion forums on the forums.amd.com site have been compromised and are being used in an attempt to infect visi...
Quickflix has announced a deal with IceTV that will allow consumers to rent and buy DVDs with the touch of a button, via their TV.
PC users are now the weakest link in the security chain, IBM has suggested in its Security Threats and Attack Trends Report for 2005.
Consumers wanting to move digital music from PCs to stereo sound systems in the home wirelessly may be interested in a new product from Cisco-Linksys and Yahoo.
Samsung Electronics said it has developed a new type of screen for cell phones that it says can be more easily read outdoors on a sunny day.
Google attorneys will square off against the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) at a Feb. 27 hearing over the issue of providing the government with information about searches for pornography on the company's site.
It took Google more than a year to make the decision that offering a censored version of its search services in China would be a lesser evil than boycotting business in the country altogether, according to Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
Google has met with mobile gear vendors including Motorola and Sony to explore how their devices might be able to take advantage of municipal Wi-Fi networks, an executive of the search company said.
The much-anticipated launch of Microsoft's Xbox 360 console has been delayed.
Microsoft will release the next beta of Windows Vista in April, according to a popular blog that follows the company.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW