Microsoft will release the next beta of Windows Vista in April, according to a popular blog that follows the company.
Google plans to launch a search service aimed at Chinese users this week that will block results deemed sensitive to Beijing, a decision the company struggled with before deciding its better to provide some service rather than none at all.
Sony has decided to end production in Japan of the Walkman portable music player, it said Wednesday.
Voice-over-IP applications could be used to cloak networks of zombies, used to launch denial of service attacks, a professor at the U.K.'s Cambridge University has warned.
Some Web users are reporting seeing a reformatted Google results page that has the links to specialized search pages listed in the left-hand column instead of placed horizontally across the top of the search box.
Microsoft and the Washington state attorney general have filed lawsuits against antispyware software vendor Secure Computer, alleging that the New York company's Spyware Cleaner software not only fails to remove spyware as advertised, but makes chang...
Struggling Japanese electronics maker Sanyo Electric will give up some management control to a group of outside investors under a plan unveiled late Wednesday.
Creative Technology, one of the world's largest makers of MP3 music players, on Thursday reported its revenue rose during the three months ended Dec. 31, but net profit declined amid stiff competition.
Sony reported some of its strongest quarterly earnings in several years on Thursday and upgraded its forecast for the full year. Both sales and net profits jumped to all-time highs, helped by good news from product sectors that had been problematic.
Shipments of LCD (liquid crystal display) televisions overtook those of CRT (cathode ray tube) sets in Japan in 2005 for the first time, an industry organization said Thursday.
Sharp plans to increase the number of models in its LCD (liquid crystal display) television range offering full high-definition resolution, it said Thursday. In doing so the company hopes to become more competitive in one of the fastest growing parts...
A new range of Wireless boosters promises to break down some traditional networking barriers, without having to invest in new enhanced MIMO routers.
Microsoft has reported the highest quarterly revenue in company history for its fiscal 2006 second quarter on the strength of its Windows OS and a series of highly anticipated product releases. Still, the company fell slightly shy of analysts' revenu...
Microsoft this week introduced enhancements to its Windows Live portal (<a href="http://live.com">http://live.com</a>), the entry point for users to access its Web-based services.
Microsoft has launched new MSN research labs aimed at rapidly developing and deploying Internet technologies. The efforts are part of the software company's strategy to be more agile in its creation of Web-based services to compete with rivals such a...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC