While users are testing Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP to prevent compatibility problems, hackers are picking apart the security-focused software update looking for vulnerabilities, security experts said.
In Washington, the seat of U.S. government, participants spell out the language of the political process on the tiny keys of BlackBerries.
Microsoft is aiming to add some star power to its MSN Internet site by allowing U.S. visitors to rent DVDs, download movies and buy cinema tickets online.
According to a report by the Dublin-based Research & Markets, mobile devices based on full-feature operating systems will define the next stage of technology evolution in the handset market. And Linux will be an OS to be reckoned with.
Everybody knows you should back up the important data on your PC often. In fact, if I stacked up all the issues of PC World magazine that recommend this important task at least once, the pile would eventually collapse--trapping the smaller members of...
A 19-year-old pleaded guilty in a Minnesota federal court on Wednesday to spreading the W32.Blaster-B worm over the Internet.
Microsoft is letting customers disable installation of SP2 until they are ready to deal with the multitude of issues it brings.
Microsoft recently reaffirmed that none of their development studios are currently working on any Nintendo DS titles following rumors that Rare's Game Boy Advance team might port several titles to the new handheld system.
Intuit has released its annual update of Quicken, bringing some welcome renovations to the market-leading personal finance package. But the changes are primarily small usability improvements that enhance existing features, so users of other versions ...
It wasn't long ago when the biggest security issue in the photocopier industry was how to keep randy employees from scanning body parts. But times have changed. A new generation of jazzed-up office copiers can scan documents, send faxes or e-mail, an...
Alex Gruzen has left Hewlett-Packard (HP) to share responsibility for Dell's client product group with John Medica, a Dell spokesman confirmed Wednesday.
ISPs (Internet service providers) America Online (AOL) and Yahoo plan to begin using technology to verify the source of e-mail messages in coming months, as both companies step up efforts to stop unsolicited commercial, or "spam," e-mail, according t...
Just under 86 percent of spam sent to 1,000 enterprises between May and July came from U.S. spammers, according to a survey by CipherTrust Inc.
A Senate committee report on competition in high-speed Internet services has criticised the poor state of Australia's broadband network. The Senate Broadband Inquiry Report said the copper network is at the end of its life and the government had don...
One of 321 Studios' last corporate acts will be paying off the companies that drove it to extinction.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sales dates set for first products that work with Apple's HomeKit
- Senate passes bill to rein in NSA phone dragnet
- Microsoft opens the gates on Dynamics GP 2015 R2
- Pinterest turns its feed into a store with 'buyable pins'
- Fitbit looks to raise at least $358 million in IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW