Ever thought banks would be fighting for your custom? A new online auction site that lets banks bid for customers, has launched, sans the support of two major banks.
Day two of Comdex and Linus Torvalds talks about his new company, Compaq reorganises for Internet devices and Dell looks to the application service provider market.
PC makers are facing a shortage of Intel's latest Coppermine Pentium III chips, a company executive has confirmed.
Day one of Comdex and Internet devices are the talk of the show. Microsoft CEO Bill Gates unveiled a new category of desktop appliances designed to hook up directly to the company's MSN Internet service in the US.
Microsoft Australia's new managing director has described the US Department of Justice's antitrust finding as a "blip on the radar screen".
Launched yesterday, Cable & Wireless Optus' WAP service will operate at one-third the speed of regular Internet access, while downloading graphics will be costly.
Cross-border trading with US financial markets will not happen this year for E*Trade.
The Bubbleboy worm has created a whole new ball game that could see Internet users blocking e-mail attachments for good.
Australian Y2K officials are rejecting an assertion that Australian Y2K air safety is open to the risk of disruption during a five week period over the New Year.
Microsoft software will be available as services in Australia from June next year, says a local official.
Microsoft chairman and CEO Bill Gates attempts humour in his Comdex keynote address, taking aim at lawyers.
Australian retailers have already missed the boat for the expected online trading boom this Christmas according to an e-commerce specialist.
Passface lets you trade your password for pictures, but proceed with caution at this unusual site.
A Sun, Sony partnership announced this week aims to directly connect TVs and other appliances with Web content and services.
Electronics chain Tandy is set to go online in 2000, aiming to make its entire inventory available via an e-commerce site.
Latest News Articles
- Could Bitcoin's frothy venture funding dry up?
- AT&T to report on government requests for user data
- Alcatel sells federal technology unit for US$200 million
- Wall Street Beat: Economic growth, software news and BlackBerry deal boost tech stocks
- NSA defends foreign surveillance after new reports of targets
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »