The chief scientist behind some of the world's most powerful graphics cards has declared that the 'gamer' no longer exists in today's society.
Sun Microsystems will leverage Java for more advanced mobile phone applications through deals announced Monday with Nokia and Vodafone Group..
As part of an ongoing effort to draw more developers to its technology, Oracle's partner group this week will host its first gathering devoted to ISVs (independent software vendors).
Microsoft and Fujitsu are expanding an existing global systems integration alliance to work together on software and hardware for mission-critical systems, the two companies have announced.
Intel has discovered a flaw in its recently launched chipsets that can preclude a system from starting up normally, and is planning to recall a certain amount of those chipsets from system vendors and channel partners, a spokesperson has confirmed.
There are very few topics Microsoft chairman Bill Gates didn't address during his media briefing in Sydney this morning from the "low cost" of Microsoft licensing to the "poor value proposition" of open source, and Apple's "diminishing" market share....
Microsoft has submitted a draft technical specification of the e-mail authentication system Sender ID to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) for consideration as an industry-wide standard, the software company announced last week.
Microsoft is telling systems administrators to make sure they have installed a previously announced patch to guard against security problems currently affecting Web sites using the company's Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 server.
IBM may still need to defend itself in a Swiss court against allegations that the company's punch-card machines helped World War II Nazis commit genocide more effectively.
When it comes to treating online customers with respect, Microsoft tops the list of the top 100 companies in the US, according to The Customer Respect Group.
Technology companies intent on selling RFID into the enterprise need to better communicate consumer benefits and ease off on the shareholder-pitched balance sheet savings, according to the CTO of supply chain software vendor Viewlocity, Michael Sherm...
If your coffee table doesn't have enough remotes already, SnapStream Media Inc. is now offering the Firefly, a handheld remote device that helps you navigate from afar your PC's music, photo, and video content -- and, with a new version of its softwa...
Fran Weidman has been meticulous about her EBay account while auctioning vintage dolls for the past seven years. So when EBay claimed her account was 60 days past due and barred her from additional listings, she was very surprised.
Australia ranks in the top 20 of nations with broadband subscribers, and DSL is fast overtaking cable, a report released by the DSL Forum has revealed.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) plans to let notebook customers swap out certain memory modules that HP says are compromised by a recently discovered design flaw, the company said Friday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW