IBM, Sony and Toshiba will extend their joint work on the development of manufacturing technologies for advanced semiconductors, they said Thursday. The work will also cover fundamental research related to new chips, including materials research.
Google is starting to send invitations to customers who requested its Analytics service, after overwhelming demand caused the company to stop accepting new subscribers in November.
Nikon on Wednesday said it will stop making all but two of its film cameras and will discontinue some lenses, instead focusing on its digital camera products.
The United Nations will launch the first round of consultations next month on creating a new Internet governance body, as agreed by delegates attending the global Net summit in Tunis last year.
Firefox may have ended 2005 with nearly 10 percent of total browser market share, but new users are in for a nasty shock, according to recent research, which claims one in 10 Web sites don't allow full access to Firefox users.
Continuing its push into the mobile space, Google is making its Google Talk instant messaging service available to BlackBerry users, Google and Blackberry maker Research In Motion announced Thursday.
The big talk of last week's Consumer Electronics Show was all about blue: blue-laser DVD, or more precisely, the battle between HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc to be the next-generation optical disc format. Watching the posturing and positioning for the upco...
In celebration of its one-year anniversary, the Google Mini search appliance is getting a teensy bit bigger. Google is expected to announce today two new versions of the Mini that double and triple the capacity of the existing appliance.
The Los Angeles Police Department's counterterrorism unit next month will begin using a new data analysis system designed to identify and connect related pieces of intelligence to help officers deter and respond to terrorist attacks.
The Windows operating system expert who exposed Sony BMG Music Entertainment use of "rootkit" cloaking techniques last year is now criticizing security vendors Symantec and Kaspersky Lab for shipping software that works in a similar manner.
Mozilla Thursday released the latest version of its e-mail client with a host of new features, including better security, automatic updating and other enhancements aimed at providing a more user-friendly e-mail experience, according to the company.
Optus has acquired Virgin Mobile Australia (VMA) from Virgin Group for $30 million in cash, increasing its shareholding in VMA to 100 per cent.
At last week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Skype and Netgear announced they are working on a family of products, including the world's first Skype wireless mobile telephone and a router equipped to optimize Skype.
Sharp Corp. is planning to increase production at its two LCD (liquid crystal display) factories in Japan in response to anticipated soaring demand for flat-panel LCD televisions over the next few years, it said Wednesday. The company also expects to...
A group of Taiwanese companies responsible for producing some of the world's top technology products, from Microsoft's Xbox 360 game consoles to Apple's iPod music players and third generation (3G) mobile phones, closed out a banner 2005 with record...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW