Consensus is building among industry watchers that Microsoft will have anti-spyware and anti-virus products on the market for businesses and consumers by year-end.
Microsoft's Internet search engine, in the works for about two years, has made its big-time debut.
Researchers at HP have created a molecular-scale device that they say could one day replace the transistors used in today's computer chips.
Newcastle-based telco, Soul Pattinson Telecommunications (SPT), has won a multi-million dollar contract to satisfy the broadband needs of the departments and agencies of the NSW government.
Toshiba has become the fourth major Japanese electronics company in the last two weeks to slash its full-year sales and operating income forecasts because of recent sharp falls in the price of chips and digital electronics products.
Completion of first-round offers for university placements across the country has revealed a serious decline in IT course enrolments.
Following criticism from the European Commission (EC), Microsoft has agreed to change the name of the Windows XP version without Windows Media Player that it was ordered to offer in Europe.
Russian security company Positive Technologies has released a patch to a security hole it said it discovered in Microsoft's Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) last year.
Some two years after its introduction, Microsoft is seeking to drive its Tablet PC technology into the mainstream with lower prices. But some analysts say that alone won't do the trick--and not many PC vendors are helping Microsoft's effort.
A group of British computer scientists have proposed a number of "grand challenges" for IT that they hope will drive forward research, similar to the way the human genome project drove life sciences research through the 1990s. Ambitious goals include...
The rapid decrease in price of consumer electronics products hit Fujitsu hard during the third quarter, and is likely to wipe out gains made during the entire fiscal year, according to the company.
The U.S. government will conduct an extended review of Lenovo Group's planned acquisition of IBM's PC business to determine whether or not the deal threatens U.S. national security interests, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal newspaper...
The teenage creator of a variant of the Blaster worm that infected tens of thousands of computers in 2003 was sentenced to 18 months in prison on Friday, prosecutors said.
Olympus Imaging Australia will introduce two portable hard disk music players from its newly created m:robe brand in March.
Nokia reported a 13 percent decline in net profit for the fourth quarter as revenue from its mobile phone division continued to decline. The Finnish handset manufacturer did post a modest gain in total sales but expects tough market conditions to con...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple falls to third in China smartphone rankings, while Xiaomi vaults ahead
- Cleaning up botnets takes years, if ever, to complete
- Yahoo tackles large 'malvertising' campaign in its ad network
- Plantronics BackBeat Sense Bluetooth headphones
- OneDrive finally lets you sync shared folders
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC