Two of the companies behind the SmartMedia card format, Fuji Photo Film Co. Ltd. and Olympus Optical Co. Ltd., have announced plans to move away from that card, choosing to develop a new format of their own. The move means that the pair will not line...
Toshiba Corp. has boosted the rotational speed of its latest high-capacity hard disk drive (HDD) to 5,400 rpm (revolutions per minute), the company announced Wednesday, promising faster access to data for end users.
Intel Corp.'s share of PC processor shipments increased by two percentage points in the second quarter over rival Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD), which lost ground in the quarter, according to a report out this week from Mercury Research Inc.
After being hit with a denial-of-service (DoS) attack over the weekend, the Recording Industry Association of America Inc.'s (RIAA) Web site continued to have problems Tuesday and Wednesday, rendering it inaccessible throughout portions of both days.
America Online Inc. (AOL) Wednesday released a beta version of AOL 8.0, the next release of its Internet service provider software, that includes features it says will make it easier for parents to monitor and restrict what their children do on the I...
Telstra has declared Australia is past the early adapter phase of broadband and will move into a generation of users driven by value-added content and applications.
Graphics chip maker NVidia Corp. lowered its revenue expectations for the second quarter of its 2003 fiscal year, which ended Sunday, and said the weak market for its chips used in PCs will force it to write off a "significant" amount of unsold inven...
OzEmail says the bankruptcy of its US parent WorldCom has had little effect on its operations, but this won't stop the company from being sold, according to one telecommunications analyst.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday unveiled details of the next version of its embedded operating system, Windows CE .NET Version 4.1.
Infineon Technologies AG has jumped on board a semiconductor manufacturing process development project formed earlier this year by Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) and Taiwan's United Microelectronics Corp. (UMC), the three said Tuesday.
Matsushita Electronic Industrial Co. Ltd. and its subsidiary Matsushita Electronic Components Co. Ltd. will start shipping samples of transparent flat-panel speakers for mobile phones and PDAs (personal digital assistants) next month, they announced ...
The 1970s classic hit "The Day the Music Died" referred to the death of rocker Buddy Holly, but for many Internet radio stations and their listeners, doomsday is October 20.
Sun Microsystems Inc. and Apple Computer Inc. have no concrete plans to codevelop a version of Sun's StarOffice productivity suite for the Mac OS X operating system, two open-source developers and a Sun official said Monday.
The Recording Association of America Inc.'s (RIAA) Web site was knocked offline over the weekend in what appeared to be a denial-of-service attack, an RIAA representative said Tuesday.
Leading telecommunications companies and ISPs Telstra, Optus and OzEmail have all released statements to the market indicating increased subscriber numbers for broadband Internet services.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW