SAP Ventures, the venture capital arm of German enterprise applications vendor SAP, has invested in social communications and wiki company Socialtext, the U.S. startup announced Friday. Socialtext specializes in software and support for enterprises l...
If you're shopping for Intel Corp. co-founder Gordon Moore this holiday season, check out eBay for a vintage chemistry set.
Sun Microsystems has worked to improve the compatibility of its StarOffice application suite with Microsoft's Office, but it still faces an uphill climb as it tries to entice corporate users to consider the new version released on Tuesday.
Hackers at a security conference in Malaysia failed to break into Via Technologies's StrongBox security application during a competition, Via officials said last Friday, but the company gathered some valuable feedback from participants.
Microsoft stunned its customers this month with a swarm of product announcements at its Professional Developers Conference (PDC) and first-ever Business Summit. Add a huge company reorganization that consolidated six divisions into three (Platform Pr...
Skype Technologies went live Thursday with an updated version of its Internet telephony software, adding call forwarding and personalization options to its popular VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) service.
Samsung Electronics said Thursday it has begun construction on a planned US$33 billion expansion of its chip-making base outside Seoul.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office this week endorsed a Web-browsing patent Microsoft is accused of infringing, dealing a setback to the software company.
About 1,600 current and former employees of the University of Georgia in the US are being notified that their Social Security numbers, stored on a campus server, may have been seen by a hacker operating from a foreign country. In an announcement Thu...
Microsoft showed off the preliminary work it has done on the second beta version of its popular Internet Explorer, version 7, at the Hack in the Box Security Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and came away with some good feedback, managers at the...
Complexity in software design needs to be eliminated otherwise computing's future era will be no more secure than applications in the current era.
Taiwanese microprocessor vendor Via Technologies is offering a US$5,000 prize to the hacker that can break its StrongBox security application during a hacking contest at the Hack in the Box Security Conference being held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, th...
F-Secure announced Tuesday the launch of F-Secure Internet Security 2006, consumer-oriented software that can also manage Internet use by children.
Personalized ringtones, ringback and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) are some of the services Chinese users prefer today and WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) services have already gained 15 million subscribers, an executive at China Mobile (Hon...
The dream of a connected world where PCs and mobile phones can communicate with the digital home and other devices is supposed to make life easier. But it could instead make life far more dangerous if malware developers have their way.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT