PlayStation 3 will use the Blu-ray Disc format, while a new, slimmer PlayStation 2 will go on sale internationally at the end of October, Sony Computer Entertainment announced (SCEI) on Tuesday.
Computer code that takes advantage of a flaw in the way many Microsoft applications process JPEG images has been published on the Internet and could be a precursor to actual attacks on vulnerable PCs, experts said.
New Australian company PC Tools has added a spyware removal tool to its collection of programs designed to boost security and performance for Windows PCs.
With election fever hotting up, operatives for political parties are turning to anonymously e-mailing tips to journalists about the errant behaviour of politicians' Web sites.
First it was houses, with the do-it-yourself renovation boom, then gardens as we became amateur landscape architects. Now it seems Australians are increasingly opting to upgrade their own computers. Or even build them from scratch.
In a bid to stay ahead of the wireless wave, Tech Pacific has struck up a partnership with Vodafone Australia.
Microsoft has yet to release a feature-complete beta version of its upcoming Visual Studio 2005 development tools. But at last week's VSLive conference in Orlando, it announced a refresh of the existing beta release and disclosed more details about t...
Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer each received total compensation of US$901,667 in Microsoft's 2004 fiscal year, up 4.4 percent from US$863,447 one year ago.
Australia has become a destination of choice to launch Internet-based attacks, running closely behind the US, China and Canada.
Further pitting itself against Intel's Pentium-M offerings, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) on Monday expanded its lineup of mobile Athlon 64-bit processors.
Facing growing competition from open source software providers, Microsoft has decided to allow governments and international organizations access to source code for its Office 2003 productivity suite.
Perth-based ISP, iiNet, has entered into an agreement to acquire the Internet services arm of Melbourne-based IT retailer, Virtual Communities.
Via Technologies' next generation of desktop microprocessors, based on the Esther processor core, will be called C7, the company said Thursday.
Sony hopes to make itself the leading brand for products using high-definition technology in Japan this year and worldwide in 2005, executives said Thursday at the company's dealers' convention in Tokyo.
As part of its efforts to combat software piracy, Microsoft is testing a new feature on its Download Center Web site that can lock out pirated copies of Windows.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW