The European Union's top antitrust regulator is looking for an excuse to investigate Google's controversial deal with U.K. tax authorities -- and a Scottish legislator is ready to give her one.
Next year, the Java browser plug-in, which is frequently the target of Web-based exploits, will be retired by Oracle.
Smartphone shipment growth was at its lowest ever in the fourth quarter of 2015 on account of the maturity of major markets like China and consumer concerns about the global economy, according to a research firm.
Consumers looking to decorate their homes can now visualise new furniture and décor products in life-like 3D in their own rooms, thanks to a new Augmented Reality platform, from Cimagine.
Google's VirusTotal service has added a new tool that analyzes firmware, the low-level code that bridges a computer's hardware and operating system at startup.
Verizon Wireless is installing nearly 100 cells to make sure its network can handle the crush of a million or more fans around this year's big game in the San Francisco Bay Area. Almost all will stay up after the game's over.
Apple was the world's second largest chip buyer last year, spending over $29 billion, up by 7.1 percent compared to 2014, according to a study released by Gartner on Wednesday.
Microsoft quietly updated Outlook for iOS on Wednesday, with support for a calendar widget that makes it easy to see your schedule at a glance.
Weak demand for mobile phones and display panels pushed down Samsung's profits last quarter, and the company doesn't expect much improvement this year.
Facebook is considering a dedicated service or page where users will be able watch videos and not be bothered by other content.
For the first time, over a third of browser-based online transactions globally are now made on a mobile device, compared to just 30 per cent last quarter.
Android phones may soon get a whole lot smarter thanks to a new partnership between Google and chip maker Movidius that promises to bring machine intelligence directly into mobile devices.
Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
A new Android ransomware app called Lockdroid.E is abusing system dialogs to hijack user clicks and grant itself administrator privileges.
Business users who rely on cloud storage providers like Dropbox and Box now have some improved tools in their collaboration arsenal, thanks to a set of integrations that Microsoft announced Wednesday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia