It's still unclear who pulled off Friday's massive internet disruption, but the malware largely responsible for the cyber attack has since been found assaulting new targets -- possibly video gamers.
The recent DDoS attacks launched from IoT devices demonstrate that IoT spans all parts of IT. That was the message from ARM, the chip design company behind nearly every smartphone and a big chunk of IoT, at its annual TechCon event.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has passed rules requiring broadband providers to receive opt-in customer permission to share sensitive personal information, including web-browsing history, geolocation, and financial details with third par...
A security researcher has devised a method of hijacking a wide variety of radio controlled airplanes, helicopters, cars, boats and other devices that use a popular wireless transmission technology.
Microprocessor maker Qualcomm is spending its way out of a stagnating mobile phone industry, offering to buy NXP Semiconductors, a company with a strong position in automotive chips, for over US$37 billion.
Privacy Shield, the legal agreement allowing businesses to export Europeans' personal information to the U.S., is under fire.
Samsung Electronics continued on top of the smartphone market in the third quarter but was battered by the impact of the Note7 recall and increased competition in India, China and the U.S., according to Strategy Analytics.
Oracle has taken its bid for up to US$9 billion in damages to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit after a judge in a federal court in California recently struck down its bid for a retrial in a copyright infringement suit against Google ...
Samsung's smartphone division struggled to breakeven between July and September as sales plunged due to the recall of its high-end Note 7.
Microsoft's Surface Studio all-in-one grabs your attention with its beautiful display and intriguing peripherals, but this is more workstation than PC.
Led by wind and solar, renewable energy in 2015 reached a record 153 gigawatts (GW) worldwide, 15% more than in 2014.
DNS Service provider Dyn said that Friday's massive internet disruption came from hackers using an estimated 100,000 devices, many of which have been infected with a notorious malware that can take over cameras and DVRs.
Originally, the new Apple AirPods were set to hit stores in October, but that's not going to happen.
The Surface Mouse, Surface Keyboard, and Surface Ergonomic Keyboard are designed for use with Microsoft's new Surface Studio all-in-one PC.
Updated Surface Book i7 gets fatter GPU, slightly fatter body, and keeps the Fulcrum hinge.
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malware from Friday's DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW