Has your computer been infected with a suspected NSA spying implant? A security researcher has come up with a free tool that can tell.
As a beginner gaming keyboard, the G410 is well-priced at $60.
Called "Cloudbooks" by industry watchers, a leaked Microsoft document sets minimum specs for cloud-based laptops powered by Windows 10 Cloud.
The latest version of Google Chrome restricts how domain names that use non-Latin characters are displayed in the browser in response to a recently disclosed technique that could allow attackers to create highly credible phishing websites.
At its spring conference next week, the Open Networking User Group will focus on enterprises extending their infrastructure to create hybrid clouds, a process the group says is too hard and too time-consuming.
Researchers have built a primitive microprocessor out of a two-dimensional material similar to graphene, the flexible conductive wonder material that some believe will revolutionize the design and manufacture of batteries, sensors and chips.
Adding the RX 580 BIOS to an RX 480 gives you the performance of the new graphics card, but that swap doesn't come without risks.
Apple's Mac Pro has been ignored for so long that even Windows 10 mobile workstations are catching up on features and performance.
On the shelves of a laboratory near San Francisco sit tanks and tanks of mysterious looking liquids. It's the Silicon Valley offices of UL, a product testing organisation previously known as Underwriters Laboratory, and these liquids play an importan...
The Drupal project has released a patch to fix a critical access bypass vulnerability that could put websites at risk of hacking.
Apple is building a new data center in Denmark, and it has some interesting ideas on how to power the data center with renewable energy, while also giving back to the community.
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
Microsoft is offering IT pros some new guidance on when they can expect major feature updates.
Standalone Office users will start to feel the pinch in a few years, when Microsoft will cut off services unless you subscribe to Office 365. OneDrive and Skype for Business will be the first perks to go.
EVGA's rolling out a new version of the GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 with faster 11GHz memory, and a BIOS update lets existing owners join the fun.
A fast and multi-functional printer with all the high end features. The HP OfficeJet is a fine addition to your workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTScrum Coach / Agile CoachACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- FTSpatial technical officerACT