A majority of enterprises say the internet of things is strategic to their business, but most still take a piecemeal approach to IoT security. Those results from a global IDC survey conducted in July and August reveal both the promise and the growing...
Researchers at Florida Atlantic University have developed a robot fish to mimic the motion of real animals, in hopes of improving the movement of underwater vehicles.
Yahoo's announcement that state-sponsored hackers have stolen the details of at least 500 million accounts shocks both through scale -- it's the largest data breach ever -- and the potential security implications for users.
Anyone who has looked at automatically-generated subtitles on YouTube can tell you that asking a computer to describe what a human says can lead to hilarious results. Now, Apple has brought that to iOS 10 with support for transcribing voicemails.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should stop mobile messaging service WhatsApp from sharing user data with parent company Facebook in violation of earlier privacy promises, several privacy and digital rights groups said.
Technology has considerable potential to make the world better, but those benefits are far from guaranteed. Plenty of downsides can pop up along the way, and some of them have Turing Award winners especially worried.
Vint Cerf is considered a father of the internet, but that doesn't mean there aren't things he would do differently if given a fresh chance to create it all over again.
Samsung Electronics may have some comfort after its debacle with faulty batteries in the Galaxy Note7 smartphone.
Dell wants to prove that you don't need a high-end GPU in your computer to create content for virtual reality headsets.
A hacker's attempt to sell user data he claimed was stolen from Yahoo actually led the company to uncover a far more severe breach.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
Developing a computer that can be as decisive and intelligent as humans is on IBM's mind, and it's making progress toward achieving that goal.
When Yahoo said on Thursday that data from at least 500 million user accounts had been hacked, it wasn't just admitting to a huge failing in data security -- it was admitting to the biggest hack the world has ever seen.
The Universal Stylus Initiative released its first specification for generic digital styluses, suggesting a future where they'll be as commonplace as the mouse. However, the three biggest players—Apple, Microsoft, and Samsung—have yet to sign on.
Social media users won't just be taking to Twitter and Facebook to comment and gripe about the presidential debates this fall. They'll be able to watch the three presidential debates on live streams on three of the top social media players -- Facebo...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW