After 20 years, Intel is scrapping its marquee annual event called Intel Developer Forum.
Mirai -- a notorious malware that’s been enslaving IoT devices -- has competition. A rival piece of programming has been infecting some of the same easy-to-hack products, with a resiliency that surpasses Mirai, according to security researchers.
Google will pay 438 million rubles (US$7.8 million) and will stop requiring its apps be preloaded on Android smartphones in Russia in an antitrust settlement with the country's Federal Antimonopoly Service.
Microsoft said its already patched vulnerabilities revealed in Friday’s high-profile leak of suspected U.S. National Security Agency spying tools, meaning customers will be protected if they’ve updated their software to latest version.
Friday’s release of suspected NSA spying tools is bad news for companies running Windows Server. The cyberweapons, which are now publicly available, can easily hack older versions of the OS.
A hacking group has released suspected U.S. government files that show the National Security Agency may have spied on banks across the Middle East.
The robots are made from a number of rods and cables allowing them to easily adapt to moving through challenging terrains and making it much easier for them to be dropped onto the surface of planets than current rovers.
Samsung Electronics has appointed the former CIO of the Department of Defense to help a global push to expand its mobile enterprise business.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
If you operate a small or medium-sized U.S. business, you can expect to pay more for broadband services in the near future because the U.S. Federal Communications Commission plans to deregulate providers of business data lines, critics of the proposa...
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
The future may seem bright for the car. A whole host of technologies -- including self-driving systems – is set to reinvent the vehicle, and make it more computerized than ever.
In its bid to boost digital payments, India introduced Bhim, a smartphone app that lets users make cashless payments and transfer funds.
Microsoft Edge improves noticeably with the Creators Update, catching up with some features and offering true innovations with others.
Apple is the latest company to be linked with a possible bid for or an investment in Toshiba's sizable computer memory business, which is up for sale.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW