Sony has reached an agreement to acquire chip company Altair Semiconductor in Israel for US$212 million in a bid to strengthen its offering for the Internet of Things market.
Marvin Minsky, a professor emeritus at MIT who pioneered the exploration of the mind and its replication in a machine, died on Sunday from a brain hemorrhage at the age of 88, according to MIT Media Lab.
A "space data highway" that links satellites using high-speed laser transmissions should take a big step forward this week with the launch of the Eutelsat 9B satellite.
Intel has just started shipping some of its fastest mobile chips to date, meaning new, powerful laptops should soon be on the market.
Google is continuing its push to make its Apps collaboration suite useful for enterprises with a new feature that lets administrators set how their users are able to share files.
In the future, computers may be able to read your thoughts through a connection with the brain. DARPA wants to create a device that could make that happen.
Big data may hold a world of untapped potential, but what happens when your data set is bigger than your processing power can handle? A new algorithm that taps quantum computing may be able to help.
In 2008, netbooks sparked a PC-buying frenzy as hundreds of low-power laptops were available for as little as $150. But those days are long gone, and low-cost PCs -- particularly with Windows -- are becoming scarce.
Microsoft took another step on its open-source sharing journey Monday by releasing on GitHub a toolkit it uses internally for deep learning.
The latest patches for the Magento e-commerce platform fix critical vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to hijack administrative accounts.
U.K. legislators want to interview Google about a deal on back taxes agreed with tax authorities following an investigation of its results back as far as 2005.
Facebook is setting up a data center in Clonee, Ireland, which will be its sixth in the world and its second outside the U.S.
Faced with flagging growth in its user base, Twitter could face a reshuffle of some of its top managers and is adding new board members.
A years-long campaign of seemingly disparate cyberattacks against Tibetan and Uyghur activists likely comes from a single group of hackers, according to a seven-month study by Palo Alto Networks.
It's no secret that Hadoop and Apache Spark are two of the hottest technologies in big data today, but what's less commonly remarked upon is the fact that they're both open-source software.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW