Telecommunications carrier CenturyTel has agreed to buy Qwest Communications International for around US$10.6 billion in stock. The merged company will operate around 17 million phone lines and serve 5 million broadband customers across 37 U.S. state...
It's been about a year since Conficker/Downadup hit in 2009, and although the threat didn't turn out to be as grave as it had the potential to be, the 6.5 million PCs that remain infected today represent what Symantec Corp. calls a "loaded gun, waiti...
Appirio launched a new offer Thursday, pledging that if customers who use its "cloudsourcing" services to migrate entirely to public cloud applications and technologies don't save at least US$1 million per year, it will make up the difference.
The next version of Bluetooth will be frugal enough with power to run devices using button-cell batteries, the wireless standard's industry special interest group (SIG) has announced.
The iPad appears to be selling well in Asia despite the fact that Apple's official overseas launch isn't until the end of May, as specialty stores obtain them to resell at premium prices and travelers to the U.S. bring them home.
It's not just social networking anymore; it's social domination.
Scammers have quickly piggybacked onto news of a buggy McAfee antivirus update that clobbered thousands of computers, security researchers said today.
The PlayStation may have Major League Baseball, but the Xbox 360 could soon land its very own television channel, reports Bloomberg. No, not something agnostic like G4TV or another option in local cable packages, but something exclusive to the Xbox 3...
Network operators in Asia are snapping up IPv4 addresses at a faster rate than ever before, putting more pressure on the Internet industry to upgrade to IPv6, the long-anticipated replacement for IPv4.
Nokia reported improved profits and revenue for the first quarter, but both numbers were below analysts' expectations. The company also lowered its operating margin outlook for 2010.
Adobe has flung plenty of mud at Apple for refusing to support Flash on the iPhone and iPad, and Apple's response has always been silence. Not anymore.
ValidSoft is pushing forward with software it says banks can use to avoid unnecessarily blocking credit card transactions, an occasional frustration for travelers outside of their home country.
Windows 7 has once again kept Microsoft's balance sheet healthy. On Thursday, the company announced strong income and revenue growth for its third fiscal quarter, thanks in part to continued brisk sales of the new OS.
Google is taking advantage of its cloud infrastructure and the huge volume of typed search queries to refine its Voice Search function, part of a massive research effort in voice that spans both mobile devices and the Web.
Yesterday was a tough day for corporate IT administrators tied to McAfee. In some cases, they faced a full-blown meltdown of their organization's PCs, as hundreds, in some cases thousands, of Windows XP computers went down after receiving a faulty an...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCiOS developerNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC