One of the elements of Android that is often touted over iOS and other mobile platforms is that it is open source. The open nature of Android means that vendors can build on and extend the platform, or that developers are free to create apps unfetter...
Hardware and software enhancements could transform future smartphones into full-fledged gaming consoles or even weather stations, attendees at a processor conference said this week.
Fans of the bookmark, password and tab sync service Xmarks have spoken, and the response was so encouraging that Xmarks is no longer dead-set on shutting down.
Microsoft's Windows Live Essentials 2011, is ready for prime time. Microsoft announced Thursday it's consumer focused suite of free applications, has moved from testing mode (beta) to the final release. The productivity suite is Microsoft's flagship ...
Earlier in the week, we bought you the ultimate Apple sin: an iPad running Windows 95. This time around, a hacker going by the handle "Hexxeh" managed to run Google's new Chromium operating system on his iPad, thus creating the ChromePad.
Be careful what you wish for, it might come back to haunt your wallet.
Foxtel has launched an online video-on-demand service for its Foxtel iQ2 set-top boxes, allowing subscribers to purchase TV shows and movies directly from the device.
Japan's console and handheld gaming market saw sales drop 13 percent in the April to September period as consumers cut back on software spending and sales of new consoles slowed.
Ubisoft announced Thursday that it's bringing back one of the treasured titles from its back catalog with Beyond Good & Evil HD for the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade. An Ubisoft spokesperson confirms it's not coming out for the PC.
Search giant Google has bowed to developer demand and started allowing Australians to sell software through its mobile applications market.
IndieCade announced Thursday that it's bestowing its new Honorary Trailblazer Ward for Lifetime Achievement to Tim Schafer, the creative mind behind numerous games including Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, and the upcoming Costume Quest.
One year ago, if you told an average person you were thinking about buying an Android, they'd have thought you were some sort of robot-mongering madman.
FetchTV has revealed that it has signed up a third Internet service provider to its TV-over-broadband service. South Australian ISP Adam Internet will join iiNet and Internode in offering the service.
Congress headed home this week to focus on mid-term election campaigns, and offshore outsourcing is certain to be a topic of interest to many voters.
Security researchers today offered another tantalizing clue about the possible origins of the notorious Stuxnet worm, but cautioned against reading too much from the obscure tea leaves.
A fast and multi-functional printer with all the high end features. The HP OfficeJet is a fine addition to your workspace
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump extends Obama executive order on cyberattacks
- Sanbot is the Jill of all trades
- China Oceanwide completes its purchase of IDG
- Congress to US citizens: Want online privacy? Pay up!
- 5 things Samsung's Bixby artificial intelligence service will do
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Office 365QLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- FTBillings Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- FTEDRMS Officers roles - APS3/APS4/AP6ACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject MangerWA
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW