Hewlett-Packard has extended a worldwide recall program for batteries that could cause laptops to overheat and pose a fire hazard.
My oh my, the air is smelling sweet today.
Dell reported its first increase in quarterly profits for two years on Thursday, helped by an uptick in commercial spending and its ongoing efforts to reduce costs.
The news this week of Google's open-source release of the HD video codec VP8 plays into the ongoing debate over which video codec browsers can use to display high-definition video without a plug-in, such as Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight.
Beta customers named in two click fraud lawsuits Microsoft filed this week maintain their innocence, and both say they assisted the software giant in investigating the source of the problem.
Handheld translators for barks and meows. Laser tag for cats. Who would have imagined that so many brilliant and bizarre tech gadgets are available for today's pet owner? Whether you want to keep your pet safe, spy on its daily sojourns, or simply ke...
Australian bookseller Borders has joined the eBook market, launching the $199 Kobo eReader as well as an eBook store on its Web site.
QLogic has unveiled InfiniBand Fabric Suite (IFS) 6.0, a new version of its management software that automates network provisioning for high performance computing (HPC) clusters.
Microsoft will roll out enhancements to its Hotmail Web mail service later this year, with an aim to reduce clutter and make it easier to send photos and handle Office documents. Here is a visual tour of Windows Live Hotmail's new look and features.
Is the "<a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?ref=search&sid=648219713.2743249721..1">Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!</a>" campaign on Facebook a celebration of freedom of speech, or a thinly-veiled attem...
Symantec will pay US$1.28 billion to acquire VeriSign's security business.
Australian Xbox 360 owners will be able to receive Foxtel television via Xbox Live thanks to new service unveiled today.
Novell, which turned down a US$2 billion takeover bid in March, plans to start entertaining offers from other suitors this week, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
Adobe Systems, embroiled in a Web technology feud with Apple that is at least partially attributable to the HTML5 specification, will nonetheless add on Wednesday HTML5 and CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) support to its Dreamweaver HTML authoring tool.
Google officials proposed on Wednesday a standard video codec for the Web and again focused on the HTML5 specification as an advancement for Web-based media.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW