After wowing onlookers at the Consumer Electronics Show earlier this year, the highly anticipated Adam tablet is out of the experimental phase and could become available to users soon, perhaps by the end of this year.
IBM said Friday it intends to purchase marketing software maker Unica for roughly US$480 million, in a move that will boost Big Blue's capabilities for creating focused marketing campaigns. The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this ...
Facebook said Friday it has restored a feature that lets users receive e-mail notifications of new messages sent by their friends, according to a company spokeswoman.
Organizations hoping to streamline their deployments of Linux got two new options this week for running the open source OS remotely.
Dell on Friday refuted accusations that it was withholding evidence in connection with a long-running case charging the PC maker of willingly selling faulty PCs.
IBM said Friday it intends to purchase marketing software maker Unica for roughly $US480 million, in a move that will boost Big Blue's capabilities for creating focused marketing campaigns. The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this ...
Google will put up a fight in response to the patent- and copyright-infringement lawsuit that Oracle filed over the use of Java in the Android mobile phone platform.
An Apple manager with responsibilities for the company's contract manufacturing in Asia was arrested Friday and charged with accepting kickbacks.
Whatever else you may do with your PC, it's likely that you print out at very least the odd letter, document or photograph. Papers and inks can be expensive, so printing wisely isn't just a matter of choosing the right printer for the job; you also n...
P&G's Jim Fortner Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader Jim Fortner
It seems Microsoft didn't get pummeled enough in the "<a href="http://www.infoworld.com/d/adventures-in-it/microsoft-vs-apple-battle-rages-731">I'm a Mac, you're a PC</a>" ad campaign, so it's coming back for more. This time <a href="http://www.pcwor...
Oracle appeared to confirm this week what many in the computer industry already suspected: The OpenSolaris project is dead.
Google has unveiled its latest feature for Android smartphones: Voice Actions.
The Federal Court has found that consumer electronics manufacturer Panasonic misled customers in a 2008 promotion in which it had offered a free Nintendo Wii console for customers who purchased one of a certain range of televisions.
Shanda Literature, one of China's largest online publishers, released a new e-reader called Bambook this week, making it available to a select number of customers.
Take home a Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive (64GB) this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW