It's official. iOS 4.1 is "coming soon" for iPhone and iPod Touch users.
A technical problem has kept an undetermined number of Windows Live Hotmail users locked out of their e-mail accounts for hours on Thursday.
Microsoft announced that the code base for Windows Phone 7 1.0 has been finalised. The software has been "released to manufacturing," meaning that this version is the one handset makers will deploy on the first devices to feature the radically redesi...
A hosted application for securing shared corporate documents is being extended to handheld devices. With WatchDox, mobile users can view and even selected documents, but be prevented from saving, printing, or forwarding them, if desired.
VMware customers attending VMworld are taking a look at Microsoft's Hyper-V virtualization software, but say the Microsoft technology falls a bit short and that it would be problematic to start over after investing heavily in VMware.
Northrop Grumman today apologized for an outage that began last Wednesday and caused 26 Virginia state agencies to lose their Web services, some for more than a week.
Google today celebrated Chrome's second birthday by launching the sixth version of its browser for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Officials in Harris County, Texas are scrambling to find replacement e-voting machines for this year's gubernatorial elections after a massive fire last week destroyed all 10,000 machines originally scheduled for use in the polls.
There were a lot of rumors and expectations ahead of Apple's much-hyped music event yesterday. As expected, Apple unveiled a new touch-based iPod Nano, and an iPod Touch sporting the company's A4 processor, its super-high-resolution Retina display, a...
Ping is Apple's <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/204734/ping_on_itunes_not_so_hot.html">music-centric social network</a> that is integrated into <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/204645/apple_announces_itunes_10.html">iTunes 10</a>. From...
IBM's shrinking U.S. workforce is particularly worrisome in Burlington Vt., which has long counted on the company to provide many good jobs for area residents.
Hewlett-Packard and 3Par have signed a definitive agreement for HP to buy the California storage vendor for US$2.35 billion, the companies said Thursday.
Intel will release on Thursday an upgrade to its parallel development toolset for Windows application developers, adding both a tool to walk developers through parallelism, as well as support for Microsoft's Visual Studio 2010 IDE.
Researchers are hoping to get a better insight on botnets after taking down part of Pushdo, one of the top five networks of hacked computers responsible for most of the world's spam.
Google and AOL have renewed a long-term partnership that gives AOL Web properties access to Google search and advertising services.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTLead/ Senior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA