The Titanic was thought to be unsinkable, a testament to the engineering prowess of its day and the fact that luxury liners rarely collided with massive icebergs.
If concerns about cost and security can be overcome, RFID technology could help solve a growing problem in large <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/154/Data+Center">data centers</a>: losing track of IT equipment.
After dismantling the city's data center and moving it three times to avoid hurricanes, the IT team for the city of Altamonte Springs, Fla., decided to try a different approach. Instead of spending millions of dollars to build a facility that would k...
Some organizations can earn a profit, or at least reduce the amount they have to pay to dispose of IT equipment, by allowing providers of IT disposal services to sell the assets they take away.
Information technology departments that practice asset management are learning to master the art of retiring hardware at the right time. But making the decision to retire IT gear is just the beginning; tech managers must then figure out what to do wi...
Google <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/207416/googles_selfdriving_cars_a_ride_drive_down_memory_lane.html">self-driving cars</a> may someday let us nap at the wheel, but in Hollywood driverless cars such as K.I.T.T. are old news. Google CEO E...
Google is continuing to back green energy projects, this time investing in the construction of a backbone that will carry energy produced by wind turbines off the East Coast back to shore.
VMware has demonstrated a new client application for its vCenter management tools that runs on the Apple iPad.
We live in an age of invention and scientific discovery. But there are things about some inventions that science simply cannot explain. Here are 10 things that I simply do not understand about consumer technology:
Just as MP3s changed the way we listen to music, Amazon wants to shake up our reading habits with Kindle Singles.
Microsoft does not have immediate plans to port the Windows Phone 7 mobile OS to tablets, a company official said on Monday.
Three major handset manufacturers this morning revealed plans to release new devices based on Microsoft's next-generation Windows Phone 7 smartphone operating system into the Australian market over the next few months through partnerships with Telstr...
Microsoft announced the Windows Phone 7 OS for handheld devices on Monday, taking a step forward in the company's efforts to strengthen its position in the still-growing smartphone market. CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the first phones to run the OS, an...
Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer officially launched the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system Monday and announced nine new phones and partnerships with wireless carriers. It's a landmark moment for Microsoft that needs to prove its Windows-centric p...
The rumors and reports surrounding the impending availability of the iPhone through Verizon are becoming more relentless -- perhaps hinting that the speculation may soon, in fact, become a reality. Assuming the Verizon iPhone reports are authentic, t...
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW