As the new year gets underway, more of the big fish in the security pond are gobbling up smaller ones known for their expertise in specialized fields.
Microsoft today confirmed that the version of Flash bundled with Windows XP contains multiple bugs, and urged customers to upgrade to a newer edition of the multimedia player plug-in.
Those check boxes on your iPhone wish list? The latest rumor says a few of them are covered in the next-generation iPhone.
While the frivolous iPhone apps usually get most of the media attention (yes, there really are over 175 apps that can produce rude bodily noises), there are quite a few apps that can help you do your job as an IT worker. While less notorious, they ar...
Twitter, the popular microblogging and social-networking service whose revenue strategy remains largely a mystery, is looking for people who know a thing or two about making money.
Adoption and use of 3G networks and wireless broadband exploded last year as consumers flocked to grab the latest Internet-ready mobile, according to new research.
Google has decided to stop censoring its results in China and could end up closing its operations and shutting down its search engine there, the company said Tuesday.
Memeo, a privately-held company focused on helping users share, manage, and protect their data, announced the launch of Memeo Connect for Google Apps.
Facebook Tuesday joined the Apache Software Foundation as a Gold sponsor, looking to cement its commitment to open source and pledging to help drive the group into the future.
The open beta of Star Trek Online begins today and runs through January 26th, a week before the February 2nd launch date.
Though Nvidia didn't say much about its upcoming Fermi chips at CES 2010 last week, rumors have been circulating that these GPUs will be available in mid-March in "low quantities" according to Tom's Hardware.
The Android 2.1 SDK is now available. Developers and handset manufacturers can download the latest Android development kit and begin to take advantage of the new functionality that Android 2.1 delivers.
Google's Android mobile operating system is stealing the spotlight from Windows Mobile 7, so much so that reports say Microsoft's latest OS is delayed (again) due to Google's success.
Absolute Software has added a new feature to its Computrace Lojack anti-theft software that can remotely turn a stolen laptop into a useless, non-bootable 'brick'.
Although 802.11n Wi-Fi technology was found in less than 1 percent of Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones last year, in 2014 at least 87 percent of Wi-Fi-capable smartphones, such as Apple's iPhone, will feature this latest of the 802.11 protocols.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW