When the iPhone was first launched in June 2007, it was generally panned by IT managers and systems administrators. It didn't support any encryption of user data, could not have any enforced security policies and offered no way to remotely wipe data ...
After billions of dollars were spent to build, start, shut down and then fix and re-start the Large Hadron Collider, the system has finally produced enough data for some long-awaited scientific analysis.
Microsoft today issued just one security update for Windows, the lowest number on a Patch Tuesday since January 2009.
Google is opening up its Docs hosted office productivity suite so that users can store any type of file in it, giving the popular software-as-a-service product an important online storage component.
Google has apologized to a Chinese authors' group over its scanning of books by local writers into an online search system, moving to defuse copyright concerns around the project in China.
Skype is introducing high-definition video calling that it plans to make interoperable with corporate videoconferencing gear, so individuals could join conferences at high resolution for little cost. The news was unveiled last week during the Consume...
The group that took down Twitter.com last month has apparently claimed another victim: China's largest search engine Baidu.com.
Previously, there'd been talk of a Metal Gear Solid movie going through the Hollywood pipes. Film producer Mike De Luca -- whose credits include Wag the Dog and Ghost Rider -- spoke to Collider.com in March of 2008 about the potential for the project...
In a recent newsletter we introduced the concept of Application Delivery 2.0, a major component of which is virtualization. This is the fourth in a series of newsletters that discusses how we think that virtualization will dramatically shape 2010 and...
Hacking has topped human error as the top cause of reported data breaches for the first time since such tracking began in 2007, according to the Identity Theft Resource Center's 2009 Breach Report.
The family of Blade Runner author Philip K. Dick is to sue Google for infringement of intellectual property rights over the name of its recently announced Nexus One smartphone.
"Lions, and tigers and bears! Oh, my!" Anyone who has ever seen The Wizard of Oz knows that's the sum of the fears of Dorothy, Scarecrow and Tin Woodsman as they head into the woods on their way to Oz. For the network security administrator dealing w...
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg added fuel to the ongoing privacy debate with recent statements that users no longer care about privacy. While the statement itself may be a little simplistic, the sentiment may be accurate and the success of Facebook is ...
Protecting business information--the most basic element in any business--should be the priority of firms in ensuring security and managing risks in their organizations, data from a global information security survey conducted by Ernst & Young reveale...
NComputing has reportedly launched the industry's first USB-connected virtual desktop (model U170) at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT