Worldwide enterprise IT spending across all industry markets will rise 4.1% this year, surpassing $US2.4 trillion for all of 2010, Gartner is predicting.
Even without cookies, popular browsers such as Internet Explorer and Firefox give Web sites enough information to get a unique picture of their visitors about 94 percent of the time, according to research compiled over the past few months by the Elec...
Apple's iPad won't put a crimp on sales of netbooks this year, an analyst has predicted.
NASA astronauts today successfully attached a Russian-built research module to the International Space Station during the second spacewalk scheduled for the space shuttle <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9176803/Shuttle_i_Atlantis_i_la...
IBM on Tuesday updated its System x iDataPlex servers to include graphics processors from Nvidia as it tries bring high-performance capabilities to its scale-out servers.
Cisco Tuesday said it intends to acquire privately held Moto Development Group, a product design consulting firm that helped develop Cisco's Flip video camera. Moto, not to be confused with Motorola (which sometimes is referred to by the nickname Mot...
Semiconductor research firm Chipworks has disassembled Microsoft's Kin Two smartphone to find that the device is powered by an aging Tegra chip from Nvidia that could be outdated by the end of this year.
Yahoo has agreed to buy Associated Content, an Internet company that commissions and publishes articles and other content from its network of 380,000 freelance contributors and that generates revenue from online advertising.
Hewlett-Packard reported solid results for its second quarter as strong growth in PC and x86 server sales helped offset an unremarkable quarter for its services business.
Facebook is launching a new mobile site designed to be a speedier and cheaper option to its main mobile site.
Amazon Web Services has added a new high-availability feature called Multi-Availability Zone (Multi-AZ) to its cloud-based Relational Database Service (RDS), the company said on Tuesday.
Microsoft today warned users of a vulnerability in the 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 that could be used to hijack systems.
Google plans to acquire video and VoIP (Voice over IP) codec developer Global IP Solutions (GIPS) for approximately 421 million Norwegian kronor (US$68.2 million) in cash, the company said on Tuesday.
Controlling a coilgun from your iPhone? I guess there's an app for that too!
With more than a million units sold in less than a month, it's pretty clear that Apple's iPad touchscreen tablet has been a success so far. But Apple isn't the only company out there to develop a tablet, as there are several iPad alternatives on the ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD