The vintage Commodore 64 personal computer is getting a makeover, with a new design and some of the latest computing technologies, as the brand gets primed for a comeback.
Many South by Southwest attendees reportedly walked out halfway through the keynote appearance by Twitter CEO Evan Williams this week citing boredom, but the announcement he made on stage deserves careful attention, according to industry experts.
Google has released version 4.1 of Google Maps for Android, adding a constantly-updated map wallpaper, tweaking the way search results are displayed and adding a new Latitude widget for tracking your friends.
Facebook's 400 million users have been targeted by a spam run that could infect their computers with malicious software designed to steals passwords and other data, according to security researchers at McAfee.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8, not Apple's Safari, will be the first browser to fall in next week's Pwn2Own hacking challenge, the contest organizer said today.
Microsoft's new browser, Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), will not run on Windows XP, now or when the software eventually ships, the company confirmed this week.
Illegal file-sharers will cost the European creative industries $A356bn (£215bn) by 2015, says Tera Consultants.
Fine-grained network controls that are coming with next-generation mobile technology could make some demanding mobile applications such as video perform better but may also raise net neutrality concerns.
At its MIX Web developer conference this week Microsoft had little to say about the unnamed browser in Windows Phone 7, even as it trumpeted a limited "preview" release of desktop Internet Explorer 9.
Content providers are increasingly streaming 3D video over the Internet, but many computers are not yet 3D-ready and users may not be all that interested in that viewing option, analysts said.
High Tech Computer (HTC) on Thursday said it plans to "fully defend itself" against the patent infringement lawsuit filed by Apple early this month, adding it has always respected the intellectual property of others and will continue to do so.
Google is working with Intel, Sony and other partners to develop Google TV, a service aimed at putting the Internet search giant's Web offerings in people's living rooms, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
Acquia hopes to make a hosted version of its Drupal open-source content management system widely available in about three months, the company's CTO said Wednesday.
Amazon has released a version of its Kindle application for Mac OS X.
Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Digital vision must be led from the top-down
- Toyota, Volkswagen partner ride-hailing companies
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC